PLATFORM TECHNOLOGIES OF FINANCING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MARKET OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES IN UKRAINE
Topicality. The urgency of the problem of innovation technology development in Ukraine is due to the fact that, despite the high priority and great efforts of Ukraine to develop the innovation technology market, ie digital transformation, innovation and startups, still remain quite low innovation rates, the level of startups, the number of startups and their share in the national economy. From our country the active outflow of highly skilled workforce and the knowledge defining competitiveness of innovative processes and systems, and consequently, potential of development of the market of innovative technologies proceeds. One of the most important factors in this situation is the lack of financial resources in the newly created small innovative business structures (startups).
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to identify promising innovative tools for financing small innovative business structures (startups) and study the need for state regulation.
Research results. The study allowed to include in the financial component of the business environment investors who support various stages of the life cycle of the innovation project, from the prototype to the initial public offering (IPO); business angels who finance the early stages of an innovation project; sowing funds; crowdfunding communities and platforms; venture funds; banks; institutions providing grants and institutions providing state financial support; large technology companies that finance startups for their own needs. It was found that crowdfunding can be an important area of investing the savings of Ukrainian citizens in startups, because the financial market is almost non-existent, investing in real estate requires large funds, investing in gold is long-term and risky. It was found that, on the one hand, the lack of special regulation of crowdfunding simplifies fundraising, and on the other hand, there are no guarantees for investment, which significantly increases the risks and so risky investing in innovative projects. Therefore, it is necessary to develop and adopt a law that would regulate crowdfunding in Ukraine, which would raise funds for innovative projects under a simplified procedure. The main provisions of this law can be adapted for Ukraine by the provisions of the EU regulation governing crowdfunding platforms, which can be considered as a basis for the development of Ukrainian law, especially in terms of guarantees of investor protection.
Conclusion. The study revealed a promising innovative tool for financing small innovative business structures (startups) - crowdfunding (and its kind of crowdfunding). Given that in Ukraine, on the one hand, the lack of special regulation simplifies the collection of financial resources for the implementation of innovative projects, and on the other hand, there are no guarantees for investment, which significantly increases the risks of investing in innovative projects, the EU regulatory framework crowdfunding and proved the need to adapt it to the regulatory framework of Ukraine.
2. Global Competitiveness Report 2019. Retrieved from: http://weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf [in English].
3. Cornelli, G., J. Frost, L. Gambacorta, R. Rau, R. Wardrop & T. Ziegler. (2020). Fintech and Big Tech Credit: A New Database. BIS Working, Paper 887, Bank for International Settlements, Basel [in English].
4. Dzhon Frost, Leonardo Hambakorta, Khiun Son Shyn. (2021) Ot fynansovыkh ynnovatsyi k fynansovoi yntehratsyy [From financial innovation to financial integration]. Fynansы y razvytye. Ezhekvartalnыi zhurnal Mezhdunarodnoho valiutnoho fonda. S. 16 [in Russian].
5. OECD (2015). New Approaches to SME and Entrepreneurship Financing: Broadening the Range of Instruments. Synthesis report [in English].
6. Official site of the platform IndieGoGo. Retrieved from: https://www.indiegogo.com/en [in English].
7. Official site of the platform KickStarter. Retrieved from: https://www.kickstarter.com [in English].
8. Official site of the platform RocketHub. Retrieved from: http://rockethub.com/ [in English].
9. Statista (2018). Total Crowdfunding Volume Worldwide From 2012 To 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars) [in English].
10. Real Estate Crowdfunding: 3 Trends to Watch in 2017. Forbes, 2017 [in English].
11. Kraudfandinh [Crowdfunding]. Retrieved from: https://internationalwealth.info/startups-abroad/overview-of-the-best-crowdfunding-sites-to-launch-a-startup/ [in Russian].
12. The 4th UK Alternative Finance Industry Report: Entrenching innovation. Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, 2017 [in English].
13. Kraudfandinh: yak zaluchyty investytsii i realizuvaty mriiu [Crowdfunding: how to attract investment and make your dream come true]. Retrieved from: https://psm7.com/analytics/kraudfanding-kak-privlech-investicii-i-realizovat-mechtu.html [in Russian].
14. Novyi yevropeiskyi rezhym kraudfandinha [ New European crowdfunding regime]. Retrieved from: https://iqdecision.com/novyj-evropejskij-rezhim-kraudfandinga/ [in Russian].
15. Gilinsky, D., Levites, P., Gabbay, Z. (2016). Regulation of Crowdfunding in the UK, US and Israel: A Comparative Review. Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law [in English].