INCREASING THE EFFICIENCY OF MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION WITH ALTERNATIVE USE OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF TRANSPORT
Topicality. The urgency of the study is due to the fact that in Ukraine the volume of cargo transportation using multimodal technologies is growing. Therefore, increasing the efficiency of multimodal transportation using the latest methods of their optimization is timely. This is especially true for those modes of transport whose share in total freight turnover is relatively small.
Aim and tasks.The main purpose of the study is to develop theoretical and applied provisions and algorithms for finding the optimal solution for several target functions with different measurement scales to increase the efficiency of multimodal transportation, in particular, with the alternative use of different modes of transport. To achieve this goal, the following tasks arose: to study the impact of the monopolization of the transportation market by certain modes of transport on the reliability and efficiency of transportation; solving the problem of optimization of freight transportation from the national or general industry point of view; study of the importance of the development of inland water transport to increase the efficiency and reliability of multimodal transport; creating an algorithm for finding the optimal solution for several target functions.
Research results.Theoretical and applied positions of search of the optimum decision on several target functions with different scale of measurement for increase of efficiency of multimodal transportations, including, at alternative use of different types of transport are investigated. The study proved that the choice of only one of the traditional target functions of transport companies - the cost or time of transportation does not guarantee its effectiveness without assessing the risks of transportation of goods. An algorithm for selecting the optimal solution for several objective functions is proposed. To do this, we used the method of finding the extremum of each of them by its own nontrivial subset. It is proved that these sets, in the general case, are not identical, so to find a solution for several objective functions complicated by their different dimensions, the principle of compromise must be used.The study established a significant degree of monopolization of the transportation market by certain modes of transport and indicated that to solve the problem of optimization of freight transportation from the national or general industry point of view requires equalization of disparities in freight turnover by mode of transport.
Conclusion.Analysis of the results of the study allows us to draw the following conclusions: to use the resource to increase the efficiency and reliability of cargo transportation, especially for multimodal transportation technologies, it is necessary to equalize the disproportions of cargo turnover by types of cargo transportation to avoid monopolization of the transport market. To increase the efficiency of transportation, the latest algorithm for selecting the optimal solution for several target functions is proposed. The introduction of this algorithm to optimize multimodal transportation in scientific and practical problems will allow to take into account the risks and find a compromise solution in complex problems of finding solutions for the transportation of goods.
2. Tsung-Yu, Chou (2016) A study on international trade risks of ocean freight forwarders.Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 24, 4, 771-779, DOI: 10.6119/JMST-016-0311-1, [in English].
3. Hryhorak, M., Karpenko, O., Semeriahina, M. (2020) Formation of the multimodal transportation ecosystem in Ukraine. Intellectualization of logistics and Supply Chain Management. 2, 111-130, DOI: https://doi.org/10.46783/smart-scm/2020-2-9, [in English].
4. Ngamvichaikit, A. (2017) The Competency Development of Multimodal Transportation Management for Logistics Professional in Thailand.International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance, 8, 1, 62-66 DOI: 10.18178/ijtef.2017.8.1.540, [in English].
5. Xiong,G.,Wang, Y. (2014)Best routes selection in multimodal networks using multi-objective genetic algorithm.Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 28, 655-673, DOI: 10.1007/s10878-012-9574-8. [in English].
6. Fang, X., Zhang, Ji, Chen, Z., Weiya, Chen, Chao, Cao, Jinrong, Gan (2020) Synergy Degree Evaluation of Container Multimodal Transport System, Open Access Journal, 12(4). 1-26. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12041487, [in English].
7. Harris, I., Wang, Y., Wang, H. (2015) ICT in multimodal transport and technological trends: Unleashing potential for the future.International Journal of Production Economics. 2015. Vol. 159. P. 88-103. DOI:10.1016/j.ijpe.2014.09.005, [in English].
8. Agamez-Arias, A., Moyano-Fuentes, J. (2017) Intermodal transport in freight distribution: A literature review.Transport Reviews. 37782-807. DOI:10.1080/01441647.2017.1297868. [in English].
9. Boschian, V., Dotoli,M., Fanti, M.P., Iacobellis, G., Ukovich, W. (2011) A Metamodelling Approach to the Management of Intermodal Transportation Networks.Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Vehicle Controls & Intelligent Transportation Systems. 96-105. DOI: 10.1109/TASE.2010.2090870, [in English].
10. Verduzco-Garza, T., Gonzalez, Aleu F. (2017) Increasing competitiveness through a logistics and transportation cluster: A Literature Review. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. 384-395. Available at: http://ieomsociety.org/bogota2017/papers/74.pdf[in English].
11. Official site of State Statistics Service of Ukraine Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/. [access: 5.03.2021].
12. Ballestero, E., Romero, C. (1998) Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Its Applications to Economic Problems; Springer Science & Business Media: New York, NY, USA, Available at:https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9780792382386, [in English].
13. Carosi, L. (2014) Multicriteria Optimization: Scalarization Techniques. Univ. of Pisa. Department of Economics and Management. Master of Science in Economics. Master’s Thesis. 71 р. Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/79615211.pdf. [in English].
14. Salas-Molina, F., Pla-Santamaria, D., Garcia-Bernabeu, A., Reig-Mullor, J. A.(2019) Compact Representation of Preferences in Multiple Criteria Optimization Problems. Mathematics 7, 1092, 1-16. doi:10.3390/math7111092, [in English].
15. Дучинська, Н. І. (2015) Development of methods for studying the theory of utility.[Rozvytok metodiv doslidzhennia teorii korysnosti] Socio-economic problems of the modern period of Ukraine, 5 (115), 51-54 URL: http://ird.gov.ua/sep/sep20155(115)/sep20155(115)_051_DuchynskaNI.pdf. [in Ukrainian].
16. Ilchenko, S., Khumarova, N., Maslii, N., Demianchuk, M., Skribans, V. (2021) Instruments for ensuring the balanced development of inland waterway and maritime transport in Ukraine. Sustainable, Circular Management and Environmental Engineering: International Conference. April 16, 2021. Odesa (Ukraine), Т. 255. Article Number 01021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202125501021
17. Maslii, N., Riashchenko, V., Syvolap, L., Bezpartochna, О. (2021). Management Approach to Implementation of ERP-System and CBIP for Effective of Enterprises` Integration. Journal of Information Technology Management. Tehran, 2021. Special Issue. P. 91–102. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22059/jitm.2021.80739
18. Masliy, N.D., Kotenko, S.V., Zhadanova, Yu. O. (2020) Efficiency of mixed transportation management on the basis of logistics center formation and application of innovation and information technologies. Economic innovations. 22, 2 (75), 61-70.
19. Ukrainian seaport authority.Performance indicators. Available at: http://www.uspa.gov.ua/pokazniki-roboti. [access: 5.03.2021].