INSTITUTIONAL CONDITIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE CONTEXT OF THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY
Topicality. The formation and further development of market relations in the Republic of Uzbekistan is inextricably linked with an increase in the efficiency of entrepreneurial activity of market entities. In the difficult conditions of the transformation of the country's economy, the problems of stabilizing the economy with the use of institutional instruments are of particular importance.
Aim and tasks. To study the current state of entrepreneurship development in the national economy of Uzbekistan from the position of institutionalism, identify trends and develop proposals to improve the efficiency of business entities development in the context of economic transformation.
Research results. Based on a systematic approach to the study of socio-economic phenomena and processes, the key provisions of the works of domestic and foreign scientists in the field of entrepreneurial activity, economic regulation, institutionalism and entrepreneurship support, it was revealed that there are practically no scientific works on quantitative assessment of the quality of the institutional environment of small enterprises. Building the theoretical and methodological basis of the study required a preliminary systematization of the accumulated experience in studying the institutional environment of small business in relation to both the identification characteristics of this category and modern approaches to the study. The domestic institutional school has not yet developed methodological tools adequate to the specifics of the national economy of Uzbekistan, which could be relied upon in the processes of research, evaluation and implementation of institutional reforms in this sector of the economy. The article attempts to identify the specifics of the institutional environment of small businesses. The conceptual apparatus of institutional research in this sector of the economy has been clarified and expanded. To develop a classification of approaches to the definition of the category "institutional environment", approaches to the study of the institutional environment for the development of small enterprises.
Conclusion. Further applied developments concerning the assessment of the quality of the institutional environment, including in relation to small enterprises of the country's national economy, should be carried out on the basis of an assessment of the essential characteristics of this category. The author gives recommendations for improving the effectiveness of stimulating the sphere of entrepreneurial activity. The results of the study are of scientific and practical importance.
2. Balakirjeva, O. M. (2015). Rozvytok pidpryjemnyctva v Ukraini: instytucijne seredovyshhe ta gromadska dumka naselennja [The development of entrepreneurship in Ukraine: institutional environment and public opinion of the population]. Ekonomika i prognozuvannja, 2, 7–24. (in Ukrainian)
3. Burkinskyi B.V., Kharichkov S.K., Umanets T.V. etc. Ekonomichne onovlennya rehionu: analiz sytuatsiy ta rishennya*: monohrafiya. [Economic renewal of the region: analysis of situations and solutions]: monograph. Under general ed. B.V. Burkinskyi http://c atalog.odnb.odessa.ua/opac/index.php?url=/auteurs/view/94539/source:default S.K. Kharichkov http://catalog.odnb.odessa.ua/opac/index.php?url=/auteurs/view/74265/source:default Odesa: IPREED of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2008.494 p.
4. Commons, J. (1931). Institutional Economics. American Economic Review, 21, 648–657.
5. Cumming D. et al. (ed.). (2015). Sustainable entrepreneurship in China: Ethics, corporate governance, and institutional reforms. Springer.
6. Desa, G. (2012). Resource mobilization in international social entrepreneurship: Bricolage as a mechanism of institutional transformation. Entrepreneurship theory and practice, 36(4), 727-751.
7. Donchenko, O. (2013). Instytucionaljni matryci jak struktury kolektyvnoji psykhiky [Institutional matrices as structures of the collective psyche]. Ukrajinsjkyj centr politychnogho menedzhmentu. Retrieved from: http://www.politik.org.ua/vid/magcontent.php3?m=6&n=84&c=2056 (accessed 16 Aug 2022) (in Ukrainian)
8. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2022). Scenarios of investment and innovation policy in the light of institutional transformation. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 04 (108), 1-11. Soi: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-04-108-1 Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2022.04.108.1
9. Kurpayanidi, K. I. Improvement of organizational and economic mechanisms for the export of industrial products (on the example of the industrial sector of the Fergana region) / K. I. Kurpayanidi, A. A. U. Ilesov; Fargona Polytechnic Institute. – Fargona: AL-FERGANUS, 2022. – 184 p. – ISBN 978-9943-7707-5-1 (in Uzbek).
10. Konstantin, K. (2021). Analysis of scientific and theoretical ideas about entrepreneurship. Nazariy va amaliy tadqiqotlar xalqaro jurnali, 1(1), 50-59. Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5731500
11. Stratehiya rozvytku promyslovoho kompleksu rehionu (oriyentyry, resursy, obmezhennya) [Strategy for the development of the industrial complex of the region (landmarks, resources, limitations)]: monograph. Under the editorship B. V. Burkynskyi, V. M. Lysyuk. Odesa: IPREED NAS of Ukraine, 2008. 410p.
12. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2020). Some issues of macroeconomic analysis and forecasting of the economy of Uzbekistan. Iqtisodiyot va innovatsion texnologiyalar. Ilmiy elektron jurnali, 2, 100-108.
13. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2021). Financial and economic mechanism and its role in the development of entrepreneurship. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 01 (93), 1-7. Soi: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-01-93-1 Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2021.01.93.1
14. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2022). Issues of regulation of small business development in the region. Proceedings of the XV International Multidisciplinary Conference" Prospects and Key Tendencies of Science in Contemporary World". Bubok Publishing SL, Madrid, Spain.
15. Hamilton, W. H. (1932). Institution. Encyclopedia of the social sciences, 8, 84-89.
16. Mesure, H. (2007). Thorstein Bunde Veblen as precursor of business and society field. Society and Business Review.
17. Mitchell, W. C. (1941). Business cycles and their causes. In Business Cycles and Their Causes. University of California Press.
18. Clark, J. M. (1918). Economics and Modern Psycholoy: I. Journal of Political Economy, 26(1), 1-30.
19. Galbraith, J. K., Weidenbaum, M. L., Hession, C. H., Deckard, B., Sherman, H., & Thompson, C. C. (1975). Economics and the public purpose. Journal of Economic Issues, 9(1), 87-100.
20. Veblen, T. (1998). Why is economics not an evolutionary science? Cambridge Journal of Economics, 22(4), 403-414.
21. Schumpeter, J. (1989). Essays on entrepreneurs, innovations, business cycles, and the evolution of capitalism; ed. by Richard V. Clemence; with a new introduction by Richard Swedberg. Transactions Publishers.
22. Schumpeter, J. (2011). Teorija ekonomichnogo rozvytku: doslidzhennja prybutkiv, kapitalu, kredytu, vidsotka ta ekonomichnogo cyklu [The theory of economic development: a Study of profits, capital, credit, interest and economic cycle]. (V. Starka, Trans). Kyiv: Vydavnychyj dim “Kyjevo-Mogyljanska akademija”. (in Ukrainian)
23. Varnalij, Z. S. (2006). Osnovy pidpryjemnyctva: navch. posib. [Fundamentals of entrepreneurship : tutorial]. Kyiv: Znannja-Pres. (in Ukrainian)
24. Weber, M. (2016). Hozjajstvo i obshhestvo: ocherki ponimajushhej sociologii [Economy and society: essays on the understanding of sociology]. Jekonomicheskaja sociologija, 5(17), 13–28. (in Russian)
25. Welter, F., & Smallbone, D. (2011). Institutional perspectives on entrepreneurial behavior in challenging environments. Journal of Small Business Management, 49(1), 107-125.
26. Zbarskyj, V. K. (2015). Ekonomika pidpryjemstva [Enterprise economy]. Kyiv: KyMU. (in Ukrainian)
27. Dorado, S., & Ventresca, M. J. (2013). Crescive entrepreneurship in complex social problems: Institutional conditions for entrepreneurial engagement. Journal of Business Venturing, 28(1), 69-82.
28. Economidou C. et al. Financial and institutional reforms for an entrepreneurial society //Small Business Economics. – 2018. – Т. 51. – №. 2. – С. 279-291.
29. Eldorovich, M. D. (2020). Review analysis of the factors of increasing the innovative activity of entrepreneurship in the industrial sector of industry. South Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research, 10(8), 17-32.
30. Galbraith, J. (1952). American Capitalism: the Concept of Countervailing Power. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. Kirdina-Chandler, S. (2017). Institutional Matrices Theory, or X- and Y-Theory: a Response to F. Gregory Hayden. Journal of Economic Issues, 51:2, 476-485.
31. Ivanovich, K. K. (2020). About some questions of classification of institutional conditions determining the structure of doing business in Uzbekistan. South Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research, 10(5), 17-28.
32. Socio-economic status of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Tashkent, 2022.
33. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2021). The institutional environment of small business: opportunities and limitations. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 09 (101), 1-9. Soi: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-09-101-1 Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2021.09.101.1
34. Ivashhuk, Ju. (2016). Emerdzhentnyj instytucijnyj porjadok v ekonomici ta jogo povedinkovi pidstavy [Emergenti institutional order of the economy and a behavioral Foundation of the]. Ekonomichna teorija, 3, 69–80. (in Ukrainian)
35. Burkynskyi B.V., Laiko O.I., Andreeva N.M. etc. Dominanty staloho rozvytku rehioniv Ukrayiny [Dominants of stable development of the regions of Ukraine]: monograph. Under the editorship Burkinsky B.V., Laiko O.I., Andreeva N.M. Odesa: IPREED NAS of Ukraine, 2020. 620p.
36. Kurpayanidi, K. I. (2021). Stimulation of foreign economic activities of entrepreneurship on the basis of innovative development. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 01 (93), 8-13. Soi: http://s-o-i.org/1.1/TAS-01-93-2 Doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2021.01.93.2
37. Manev I. M., Manolova T. S. (2010) Entrepreneurship in transitional economies: Review and integration of two decades of research. Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship. 15. (01).
38. North, Douglass (1990). Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance. Cambridge University Press.
39. Burkynskyi B.V., Laiko O.I., Horyachuk V.F. etc. [Rehionalʹnyy ekonomichnyy rozvytok ta spivrobitnytstvo v umovakh reformuvannya mistsevoho samovryaduvannya] Regional economic development and cooperation in the context of local reform self-government: monograph. For science ed. B.V. Burkynskyi. Odesa: IPREED NAS of Ukraine, 2021. 491p.
40. Burkynskyi B.V., Andreeva N.M. etc. Monitorynh ekonomiko-ekolohichnykh indykatoriv «zelenoyi» ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Monitoring of economic and environmental indicators of the "green" economy of Ukraine]: monograph. Editor's note B.V. Burkynskyi. Odesa: IPREED NAS of Ukraine, 2018. 223p.
41. Polanyi, K. (2001). The Great Transformation: The Political and Economic Origins of Our Time. (2nd ed.). Foreword by Joseph E. Stiglitz. Boston: Beacon Press.
42. Radieva, M. (2018). Institutional basis of corporate economy. In Yu. V. Pasichnyk (Ed.), Sozioökonomische und rechtliche Faktoren der sozialen Entwicklung unter den Bedingungen der Globalisierung (B. 1, pp. 128-144). Steyr: Shioda.
43. Radieva, M. (2018). Institutional modernization of the global economy. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(5), 283-290. Doi: https://doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2018-4-5-283-290
44. Sanders M., Marx A., Stenkula M. The Entrepreneurial Society: A Reform Strategy for Italy, Germany and the UK. – Springer Nature, 2020. – С. 252.
45. Shen, X., & Tsai, K. S. (2016). Institutional adaptability in China: Local developmental models under changing economic conditions. World Development, 87, 107-127.
© 2022 The Author(s). Published by IMPEER. This is an Open Access article under the CC BY 4.0 license.