PRODUCTION GREENING AND EXPAND OF EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES OF UKRAINE UNDER EU ASSOCIATION
Topicality. The urgency of the problem of greening and development of export opportunities of Ukrainian producers today is growing due to the need to adapt to changes in the European Green Deal, as well as the need for environmental modernization, which creates new opportunities for export and prevents the negative impact of non-tariff environmental restrictions. Ensuring environmental modernization of production are key and relevant factors for sustainable development and competitiveness of enterprises, the basis for successful international cooperation.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to develop theoretical and practical proposals that should justify the principles of greening the economy and the mechanism of their practical implementation at the enterprise level in terms of association with the EU. The proposed measures of ecological modernization of enterprises can be implemented at almost any export-oriented enterprise.
Research results. In terms of environmental efficiency, Ukraine ranks 60th in the world. The structure of capital investments in environmental protection by types of environmental measures and types of economic activity where ecological modernization is taking place in Ukraine is determined. The changes due to the introduction of the European Green Course, as well as the consequences for Ukrainian exporters are outlined. A number of measures have been proposed at the enterprise level that will eliminate the risk of restricting access of Ukrainian goods to the EU market due to new "climate" non-tariff barriers to trade, including: reducing the use of non-renewable energy sources, transition to more energy and resource-efficient technologies. technologies that create a smaller carbon footprint, increase attention to the environmental characteristics of goods and services, active participation in the standardization process in accordance with international standards, introduce into production practices technical regulations harmonized with EU standards, entering the EU public procurement market with "green" goods
Conclusion. The basis for the development of exports by Ukrainian enterprises is further integration into the EU market, which leads to increasing dependence of Ukrainian producers on the greening of the economy of the common European market. In anticipation of the introduction of new non-tariff environmental barriers to SWAM in the framework of the association with the EU in 2023, Ukrainian exporters must already adapt to these requirements. Prospects for future research in the field of greening of export industries are related to the mechanisms of transition to environmentally friendly industries and finding adequate to the economic situation sources of funding for environmental modernization of Ukraine's economy.
2. Pecheniuk, A. V., & Pecheniuk, A. P. (2018). Ekolohichna modernizatsiia ekonomiky yak neobkhidna umova staloho rozvytku suspilstva [Ecological modernization of the economy as a necessary condition for sustainable development of society]. Innovatsiina Ekonomika, 9-10(77), 120–124 [in Ukrainian].
3. Niepieina, H.V. (2019). Ekolohizatsiia ekonomiky yak odyn zi shliakhiv realizatsii modeli staloho rozvytku Ukrainy [Ecologization of the economy as one of the ways to implement the model of sustainable development of Ukraine]. Ekolohichni nauky, 3 (26), 159-162 [in Ukrainian].
4. Smirnova, K.V. (2010). Ekolohizatsiia ekonomiky Ukrainy: neobkhidnist ta osnovni napriamky [Greening of Ukraine's economy: necessity and main directions]. Visnyk Odeskoho derzhavnoho ekolohichnoho universytetu, 9, 49-55 [in Ukrainian].
5. Tsybuliak, A.H. (2016). Ekolohizatsiia ekonomiky Ukrainy v umovakh rozshyrennia spivpratsi z YeS [The Ecologization Of Ukraine Economy In Terms Of Expanding Cooperation With The Eu]. Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii, 8, 31-35. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/bses_2016_8_8 [in Ukrainian].
6. Environmental Performance Index 2020. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://epi.yale.edu/epi-results/2020/country/ukr [in Ukrainian].
7. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky [Ukrainy State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/т [in Ukrainian].
8. The European Commission. Сarbon order adjustment mechanism. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/green-taxation-0/carbon-border-adjustment-mechanism_en [in English].
9. Makhinova, A., & Tanchyn, T. (n.d.). Ekolohichna «zbroia» YeS: yak svit sponukatymut do zmenshennia vykydiv vuhletsiu [The EU's environmental "weapon": how the world will be encouraged to reduce carbon emissions]. Retrieved from https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/experts/2021/07/20/7125610/ [in Ukrainian].
10. Movchan, V., & Shor, K. (n.d.). Yevropeiskyi zelenyi kurs: rekomendatsii dlia biznesu [European Green Course: Recommendations For Business]. Retrieved from https://rac.org.ua/uploads/content/588/files/webfinal02arecommendations-for-businessua2020.pdf. [in Ukrainian].
11. Novyi zakon pro reformu systemy publichnykh zakupivel vstupyv v diiu: ekolohichni aspekty [A new law on public procurement reform has entered into force: environmental aspects]. Retrieved from https://ecolog-ua.com/news/novyy-zakon-pro-reformu-systemy-publichnyh-zakupivel-vstupyv-v-diyu-ekologichni-aspekty [in Ukrainian].
12. Berzina, S.V. ta in. (Eds.). (2017). Na shliakhu zelenoi modernizatsii ekonomiky: model staloho spozhyvannia ta vyrobnytstva : dov. [Towards green economic modernization: a model of sustainable consumption and production: a handbook]. Kyiv. Istytut ekolohichnoho upravlinnia ta zbalansovanoho pryrodokorystuvannia [in Ukrainian].