ASSESSMENT OF PREREQUISITES FOR INCREASING THE COMPETITIVENESS OF WATER TRANSPORT ENTERPRISES
Topicality. The transport system ensures the functioning of the country and its local, interregional, international and cross-border connections. However, the inconsistency of the infrastructure, the level of organization of transportation by numerous parameters, in particular the technical condition of the fleet of the water transport sector, with the world and European standards for the quality of the provision of transport services, requires measures to increase the level of competitiveness of enterprises, the sector and the country as a whole, taking into account the available reserves. The activity of the water transport sector in Ukraine, the functioning of which has a significant impact on the country's competitiveness, requires additional research, the development of scientific and applied tools for assessing the level of competitiveness of enterprises in this area and the justification of mechanisms for its increase.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to assess the prerequisites for increasing the competitiveness of enterprises in the field of water transport in the context of the dynamic development of the transport and logistics system.
Research results. The theoretical and methodological foundations of the development of water transport in Ukraine are investigated and the essential characteristics of the concept of “enterprise competitiveness” are generalized. This made it possible to note the main aspects of this concept, in particular: rivalry, the struggle between manufacturers for leading positions in the market; the ability to achieve better results; the ability to compete through the efficient use of resources and to develop innovation; the ability of an enterprise to manufacture products or provide services that are competitive in the marketplace. To diagnose the level of competitiveness of the country as a whole and its individual spheres of activity in relation to other countries, the indicator of the Global Competitiveness Index, its parameters, groups and individual indicators influenced by the functioning of water transport was used. As a result of the study, a rating was determined for 10 competing countries that are closer to Ukraine and in which inland waterways, according to the parameter “Infrastructure” and indicators “Efficiency of port services”, which necessitates measures to increase the level of competitiveness of enterprises in the field of water transport. The dynamics of changes in the main indicators of the efficiency of the sphere's functioning has been analyzed, which made it possible to trace the trends of recent years. The stages of diagnostics of the level of competitiveness of a water transport enterprise are proposed, which take into account the specifics of the field under study, the specialization of the activities of its enterprises and are aimed at the development of applied diagnostic tools. Given the strategic importance of the water transport sector for the country, it is necessary to constantly monitor the level of competitiveness of water transport enterprises and develop methodological recommendations for calculating a comprehensive indicator of the level of competitiveness, highlighting its components and corresponding indicators that will contribute to the timely identification of competitive advantages and the effectiveness of their use.
Conclusion. The analysis and assessment of the prerequisites for increasing the competitiveness of enterprises in the field of water transport based on the use of the Global Competitiveness Index, its parameters, groups and individual indicators, taking into account the trends in the field of water transport in Ukraine. It is proposed to take these indicators into account when developing methodological recommendations for calculating a complex indicator of the level of competitiveness of water transport enterprises, highlighting its components and corresponding indicators.
2. Metelenko, N. H., & Shmyhol, N . M. (2018). Zakonodavche rehuliuvannia ta upravlinnia yakistiu transportnoi systemy Ukrainy [Legislative regulation and management of quality of the transport system of Ukraine]. Pryazovskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk Pryazovskyi economic herald, 3(08), 25–29. Retrieved from http://pev.kpu.zp.ua/journals/2018/3_08_uk/7.pdf [in Ukrainian].
3. Kliuieva, Ye. M. (2018). Administratyvno-pravove rehuliuvannia diialnosti transportnykh system Ukrainy, zokrema vodnoho transportu, v umovakh yevrointehratsii [Administrative and legal regulation of the transport systems of Ukraine, in particular water transport, in the context of European integration]. Yevropeiski perspektyvy European perspective, 3, 37–41. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/evpe_2018_3_8 [in Ukrainian].
4. Maslii, N. D. (2020). Implementatsiia normatyvno-pravovoho zabezpechennia zmishanykh perevezen na natsionalnomu ta mizhnarodnomu rivniakh [Implementation of regulatory and legal support for multimodal transportation at the national and international levels]. Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii – Black Sea Economic Studies, 51, 52–55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32843/bses.51-8 [in Ukrainian].
5. Hryshyna, L. O., & Filipishyna, L. M. (2019). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichni aspekty stanu i rozvytku vodnoho transportu Ukrainy v umovakh yevrointehratsii. Materials of all-Ukrainian scientific economic readings with international participation: Transformatsiia ekonomichnykh protsesiv u morehospodarskomu kompleksi Ukrainy – Transformation of economic processes in the maritime complex of Ukraine. (рр. 246–250). Mykolaiv: NUS [in Ukrainian].
6. Klak, O. (2020). Suchasnyi stan vnutrishnoho vodnoho transportu Ukrainy, yoho problemy ta shliakhy yikh vyrishennia [The current state of inland water transport in Ukraine, its problems and ways to solve them]. Collection of abstracts of the III All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference of students, graduate students and young scientists with international participation: Konkurentospromozhnist vitchyznianykh pidpryiemstv-nadavachiv posluh hromadskoho transportu: aktualni problemy ta yevropeiskyi dosvid yikh vyrishennia – Competitiveness of domestic enterprises-providers of public transport services: current issues and European experience of their solution. (рр. 144–147). Ternopil: TNEU [in Ukrainian].
7. Kudrytska, N. V. (2018). Metodolohichni zasady doslidzhennia instytutsionalnoho rozvytku vodnoho transportu Ukrainy [Methodological bases of research of institutional development of water transport of Ukraine]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini– Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 4, 70–76 [in Ukrainian].
8. Ilchenko, S., Khumarova, N., Maslii, N., Demianchuk, M., & Skribans, V. (2021). Instruments for ensuring the balanced development of inland waterway and maritime transport in Ukraine. International Conference: Sustainable, Circular Management and Environmental Engineering, 255. (01021). Odesa, Ukraine. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202125501021.
9. Karpenko, O. O., & Belianska, Yu. V. (2020). Innovatsii na vodnomu transporti v Ukraini ta sviti [Innovations in water transport in Ukraine and the world]. Materials of І Intarnational scientific-practical Intarnet-conference: Innovatsiini rishennia v suchasnii nautsi, osviti ta praktytsi – Innovative solutions in modern science, education and practice. (рр. 168–171). Kiev. [in Ukrainian].
10. Haponiuk, O. I., & Charkina, D. O. (2019). Formuvannia ekonomichnoho mekhanizmu konkurentozdatnosti pidpryiemstv morskoho transportu [Formation of the economic mechanism of competitiveness of the enterprises of sea transport]. Ekonomichnyi prostir – Economic space, 144, 125–137 [in Ukrainian].
11. Tymoshchuk, O. M., Melnyk, O. V., & Somin, O. A. (2018). Formuvannia lohistychnoi stratehii pidpryiemstv vodnoho transportu [Formation of logistics strategy of water transport enterprises]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and State, 3, 40–44 [in Ukrainian].
12. Minakova, S. M., & Poznanska, I. V. (2019). Pryntsypy ta perspektyvy uchasti morskoi transportnoi haluzi Ukrainy u mizhnarodnii systemi morskykh perevezen [Principles and prospects of participation of the maritime transport industry of Ukraine in the international system of maritime transport]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod National University. Series: International Economic Relations and the World Economy, 24(2), 129–132 [in Ukrainian].
13. Demianchuk, M. А., Kolosok, V. M., & Kostiuk, Yu. D. (2021). Scientific approach to achieving competitive advantages in the sphere of water transport of Ukraine. Economic innovation, 23, 2(79), 63–75. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31520/ei.2021.23.2(79).63-75.
14. Demianchuk, M. A. (2021). Peredumovy realizatsii konkurentnykh perevah vodnoho transportu Ukrainy [Prerequisites for the realization of competitive advantages of water transport of Ukrain]. Ekonomichnyi forum – Economic Forum, 2, 3–12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36910/6775-2308-8559-2021-2-1 [in Ukrainian].
15. Maslii, N. D., Chesnokova, M. V., & Diakov, V. О. (2021). Justification of economic and environmental feasibility of cargotransportation by inland waterways. Economic innovation, 23, 2(79), 119–129. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31520/ei.2021.23.2(79).119-129.
16. Peng, P., Yu, Y., Feng, L., Shifen, Ch., Naixia, M., & Ren, Y. (2018). Modelling the competitiveness of the ports along the Maritime Silk Road with big data. Transportation Research. Part A: Policy and Practice, 118, 852–867. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tra.2018.10.041.
17. Wiegmans, B., & Konings, R. (2015). Intermodal inland waterway transport: modelling conditions influencing its cost competitiveness. The Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 31, 2, 273–294. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajsl.2015.06.006.
18. World Economic Forum (2014). The Global Competitiveness Report 2013-2014. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2013-14.pdf.
19. World Economic Forum (2015). The Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2014-15.pdf.
20. World Economic Forum (2016). The Global Competitiveness Report 2015-2016. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/gcr/2015-2016/Global_Competitiveness_Report_2015-2016.pdf.
21. World Economic Forum (2017). The Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR2016-2017/05FullReport/TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2016-2017_FINAL.pdf.
22. World Economic Forum (2018). The Global Competitiveness Report 2017-2018. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR2017-2018/05FullReport/TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2017–2018.pdf.
23. World Economic Forum (2019). The Global Competitiveness Report 2018. Retrieved from http://weforum.org/docs/GCR2018/05FullReport/TheGlobalCompetitiveness Report2018.pdf.
24. World Economic Forum (2020). The Global Competitiveness Report 2019. Retrieved from http://weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf.
25. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Statystychna informatsiia. Transport. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Statistical information. Transport]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/vidkryti_dani/vidkryti_dani.htm [in Ukrainian].
26. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Statystychnyi klasyfikator orhanizatsiinykh form subiektiv ekonomiky. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Statistical classifier of organizational forms of economic entities]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/klasf/st_kls/op_skof_2016.htm [in Ukrainian].
27. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Klasyfikatsiia vydiv ekonomichnoi diialnosti. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Classification of economic activities]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://kved.ukrstat.gov.ua/KVED2010/kv10_i.html [in Ukrainian].