COMMON POLICIES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION IN THE SPHERE OF INDUSTRY: PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES IN THE NEW REALITY OF POSTPANDEMIC
Topicality. The urgency of studying the problems and challenges of the European Union's common industrial policy in the post-pandemic is due to the need to overcome the recession caused by the epidemic crisis and find innovative ways and means to transform European economies to rebuild the economy for the welfare of citizens and environmental security. Another prerequisite for the intensification of industrial policy as a driver of development of the EU common market is the realization of competitive advantages over the economies of the United States and China.
Aim and tasks. The aim of the work is to analyze the problems and general challenges of the European Union's industrial policy in the new realities after the pandemic. The COVID-19 crisis has created many problems and posed many challenges to the European Union, but this is not the first crisis it has faced. The paper analyzes the challenges that have arisen during the measures taken to correct the economic downturn, as well as plans for the recovery and development of the European Union, including on the basis of digitization of the common industrial policy.
Research results. The day, the genesis of the new, the fourth stage of the development of the industrial policy of the European Union has been designated. Established, according to the main method of industrial policy, and at the same time, 24 industrial halls of the 27 countries ЄC to improve the competitiveness of the European industry, as a step towards the development of the age of the mainstream of work. It was approved by the tools for the implementation of the industrial policy and criteria and indicators of evaluation and development. Sectoral analysis of industry, allowing you to camp for 2018 p. advanced development of machinery and equipment for the indicator of additional costs for production of coke and products of naphtha processing, automobiles, hairstyles and applications, industrial production of metal products for machinery. An analysis of the indicator of security to the given variability in the industrial spheres has taken into account the tendency to the concentration of security in the five countries of the world, some of the economies of Nimechchin. Analyzed the Eurocomisin's praise for April 2020. The plan for the development of Europe and the plan for the middle of the initial ones is the concept of industrial ecosystems. The concept of Europe is a light leader and ecology of the economy, realizing the industry and economy of the state government, the energy and economics of the program “Green Ladies”, as well as the economics of the economy.
Conclusion. Problems and directions of overcoming challenges, determined by coronary crisis in industry and economy in general are identified: assistance in resumption of activity of industrial enterprises, coordination of partnership principles, limitation of pandemic expansion, preservation of jobs, tax benefits and credit policy of national banks aimed at investment development, financial assistance governments to support small and medium-sized businesses, assistance to relevant sectors of economic activity. The common industrial policy of the European Union covers many areas. Therefore, it is known that in times of the COVID-19 pandemic, the common industrial policy will face many challenges and problems. The article highlights not only the difficulties that the European Union had to overcome, but also the measures and measures it has taken to solve these problems. Putting the safety of its citizens first, the European Union has temporarily suspended its common industrial policy to focus on priorities. The most important aim was to help the most needy Member States and to support the economic sectors most affected. In addition, the Union has also launched a ten- action plan to rebuild Europe. The reconstruction plan for Europe allowed the European Union authorities to focus on the original goals of the Union, thus putting the new industrial strategy for Europe into effect. The European Council plans not only to increase the global competitiveness of its industry as well as its autonomy and resilience, but also to increase the resilience of the single market and ensure the leading role of the EU in the ecological and digital transformation.
2. J. Oertel. China, Europe, and covid-19 headwinds, ECFR, lipiec 2020. Retrieved from: http:// www.ecfr.eu/article/ commentary_china_europe_and_covid_19_headwinds (date of application 12.12.2020) [in English].
3. O. Issing, The COVID-19 crisis: A Hamilton moment for the European Union?, „International Finance”, vol. 23 (2), lipiec 2020. Retrieved from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/infi.12377. (date of application 27.07.2021) [in English].
4. F. Bulfone, The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in the European Union, MPIfG Discussion Paper, 2021. Retrieved from: https://www.mpi-fg-koeln.mpg.de/pu/mpifg_dp/2020/dp20-12.pdf. (date of application 21.06.2021) [in English].
5. F. Bulfone, A. Smoleńska, The internal and external centralisation of Capital Markets Union regulatory structures: the case of Central Counterparties, w: Governing Finance in Europe, red. A. Héritier, M. Schoeller, Cheltenham 2020, doi:10.4337/9781839101120.00010. [in English].
6. Ulbrych, M. (2016) Znaczenie produkcji przemysłowej krajów UE w gospodarce światowej [Value of industrial products of countries of UE in a world economy], Miscellanea Oeconomicae: Globalizacja i regionalizacja we współczesnym świecie, 3. 15-21. . [in Polish].
7. Bianchi, Labory. (2011) Industrial Policy after the Crisis. Seizing the Future, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, 134. [in English].
8. Warwick, K. (2013) Beyond Industrial Policy. Emerging Issues and New Trends. OECD Science, Technology and Industrial Policy Papers, 2. 7-12. [in English].
9. M. Goetz, J. Gracel (2017) Przemysł czwartej generacji (Industry 4.0) – wyzwania dla badań w kontekście międzynarodowym [Industry of fourth generation (Industry 4.0) are calls for researches in an international context] Kwartalnik Naukowy Uczelni Vistula, 1(51) [in Polish].
10. Rada Unii Europejskjej (2018). [Official site European union ]. Monitorowanie strategii przemysłowej – ramy wskaźników dotyczących konkurencyjności przemysłowej [Control of industrial strategy are frames of indexes that touch an industrial competitiveness]. Retrieved from: https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-11244-2018-INIT/pl/pdf. (date of application 22.07.2021) [in Polish].
11. Komisija Europejska. [Official site European Commission]. Europejska strategia przemysłowa. Odporność jednolitego rynku [European industrial strategy. Endurance of integral market]. Retrieved from :https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/priorities-2019-2024/europe-fit-digital-e/european-industrial-strategy_pl. (date of application 09.07.2021) [in Polish].
12. Maciej Bukowski, Aleksander Śniegocki. (2017) Made in Europe. Polityka przemysłowa wobec wyzwań XXI wieku. [Made in of Europe. Industrial politics in relation to the calls of XXI of age] Fundacja Warszawski Instytut Studiów Ekonomicznych i Europejskich, Warszawa, 2017. 86. Retrieved from: https://wise-europa.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Made-in-Europe_Made-in-Europe.-Polityka-przemys%C5%82owa-wobec-wyzwa%C5%84-XXI-wieku_WiseEuropa.pdf. (date of application 11.07.2021) [in Polish].
13. Rada Unii Europejskiej. [Official site European union ]. Rada Europejska, 10–11 grudnia 2020. Długofalowy budżet UE na lata 2021–2027 i pakiet na rzecz odbudowy. [Long-wave budget of UE on 2021-2027 and package in behalf on renewal] Retrieved from: https://www.consilium.europa.eu/pl/meetings/european-council/2020/12/10-11. (date of application 17.07.2021) [in Polish].
14. Tajani, A. A Stronger European Industry for Growth and Economic Recovery, Press Conference 10 October 2012. Retrieved from: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/index_en.htm (date of application 23.06.2021) [in English].
15. Eurostat. Concentration of value added and employment, Manufacturing (NACE Section C), EU, 2018. Retrieved from :https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=File:Concentration_of_value_added_and_employment,_Manufacturing_ (NACE_Section_C),_EU,_2018.png (date of application 9.08.2021) [in English].
16. Szymon Ananicz, Piotr Buras, Agnieszka Smoleńska (2021). Nowy rozdział. Transformacja Unii Europejskiej a Polska. Fundacja im. Stefana Batorego/ Warzsawa, 106. [in Polish].
17. Wystąpienie przewodniczącego Charles’a Michela po szczycie Rady Europejskiej (24–25 czerwca 2021). [Speech by the President of the European Union Charles’a Michela on the shield of the Council of Europe] 26 czerwca 2021. Lizbona. Komunikaty prasowe. Retrieved from URL:https://www.consilium.europa.eu/pl/european-council/president/news/ (date of application 28.07.2021) [in Polish].
18. Nowa strategia przemysłowa dla Europy Rezolucja Parlamentu Europejskiego z dnia 25 listopada 2020 r. w sprawie nowej strategii przemysłowej dla Europy [New industrial strategy for Europe Resolution of Parlamentu from a day on November, 25 2020 on business new industrial strategy for Europe] (2020/2076(INI)). Retrieved from :https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/seance_pleniere/textes_adoptes/ definitif/2020/11-25/0321/P9_TA(2020)0321_PL.pdf (date of application
19.07.2021) [in Polish].
19. Andzej Gartner. Nowa "Polityka Przemysłowa Polski" - komentarz najważniejszych branż.[New Industrial "Politics of Poland" is a comment of major industries] Retrieved from :https://kig.pl/nowa-polityka-przemyslowa-polski-komantarz-branz/ (date of application 21.07.2021) [in Polish].