INNOVATIVE COMPONENT OF THE INCLUSIVE MODEL OF ECONOMIC GROWTH OF EU MEMBER COUNTRIES
Topicality. The new inclusive model of socio-economic development is focused on the well-being of the population, promoting social cohesion and respect for human rights, as well as stimulates innovation and the transition to a carbon-neutral, sustainable and circular economy with human rights at all stages of a value chain. The inclusive model of the economy involves the development of all sectors of the economy and high-tech in particular. The EU has significant potential to achieve an inclusive model of economic growth through the opportunities provided by innovation. Innovations, on the one hand, increase competitiveness, labor productivity, and resource efficiency, on the other, create new jobs that promote human development, increase welfare, reduce unemployment, poverty, and inequality.
Aim and tasks. Analysis of the current state and trends of innovation in EU member states.
Research results. The article focuses on the study of the innovative component of the inclusive model of EU development. Peculiarities and tendencies of innovative development of EU member states are analyzed. In particular, the change of trends in innovative development of EU member states according to the Global Innovation Index in 2016 and 2018. Features and trends of innovation in EU member states and employment in industries with high and medium technologies and knowledge-intensive service sectors are described. The state of foreign trade is analyzed, such as the structure and volumes of exports of high-tech products for 2010-2018.
Conclusion. The results of the study show an increase in the innovation potential of EU member states during 2010, 2019. A slightly lower level of innovation development is observed in the new EU member states. EU member states continue to rank high in the world innovation index and strengthen their position in the world.
2. World Innovation Report. The Economist Retrieved from http://www.economist.com. [in English].
3. Офіційний сайт Організації економічного співробітництва і розвитку. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org. [in English].
4. Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018 Strengthening the foundations for Europe's future. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/srip-report-full_2018_en.pdf [in English].
5. High-tech statistics. Eurostat. 2017. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/High-tech_statistics-economic_ data [in English].
6. Commodity Indexes for the Standard International Trade Classification, Revision 3. Retrieved from https://unstats.un.org/unsd/tradekb/Knowledgebase/50096/Commodity-Indexes-for-the-Standard-International-Trade-Classification-Revision-3] [in English].
7. Production and international trade in high-tech products. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Production_and_international_trade_in_high-tech_products [in English].
8. Smal, V.V. (2016). Vysokotekhnolohichnyi eksport: prostorovo-statystychnyi analiz na prykladi krain Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu [High-tech exports: spatial and statistical analysis on the example of the European Union]. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/gt_2010_10_16. [in Ukrainian].
9. Science, Research and Innovation Performance of the EU 2018. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/srip/rec-17-015_srip-brochureb5_en_v10_outec_20180412.pdf [in English].
10. Eurostast. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ [in English].
11. Babych, T.O. (2015). Ekonomichni determinanty zminy tekhnolohichnykh ukladiv [Economic determinants of changes in technological systems]. Aktualni problemy mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn – Current issues of international relations, Vol. 126: І, 167-179. [in Ukrainian].
12. Ksenofontova, O.L.(2015). Oput zarubezhnukh stran po sozdanyiu y funktsyonyrovanyiu klasterov: modelnui podkhod [The experience of foreign countries in the creation and functioning of clusters: a model approach]. Retrieved from https://www.isuct.ru/e-publ/snt/sites/ru.e-publ.snt/files/2015/02/snt_2015_n02-036.pdf [in Russian].