DESTABILIZING EFFECTS OF ERRONEOUS AND UNTIMELY MANAGERIAL DECISIONS ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN UKRAINE
Topicality. There is a requirement to study erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions in the field of entrepreneurship in Ukraine combining economic interests of the businesses with the interests of the society and environment as a base to improve the specific tools of the organizational and economic mechanism of managerial decision-making in the field of entrepreneurship development, taking into account the requirements of economic security of Ukraine.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of this research is to build a conceptual model of the impact of erroneous and untimely managerial decisions on entrepreneurship development in Ukraine. Under the purpose of the research, the following tasks were identified: 1) to determine the economic essence of erroneous and untimely decision-making in the field of entrepreneurship management; 2) to investigate the impact of erroneous and untimely managerial decisions on entrepreneurship development in Ukraine; 3) to propose a scientific and methodological approach to overcome the negative impact of erroneous and untimely managerial decisions on entrepreneurship development in Ukraine.
Research results. The economic essence of erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions in the field of entrepreneurship is been established. We consider that erroneous and untimely managerial decisions are decisions which made in violation of the principles of specificity in time and economic efficiency. The impact of erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions in the field of entrepreneurship is investigated in the article. The depth and duration of the destabilizing impact of erroneous and untimely managerial decisions in the sphere of entrepreneurship are determined mainly by the fact that they significantly accelerate the main processes that underlie the general instability of the modern economic system. Considering the erroneous and untimely decision-making in the field of entrepreneurship management, we can identify eight main areas of their impact: the institutional direction, the financial and economic direction, the social direction, the criminalization of economic relations, inhibition of innovation, external geopolitical impacts, internal geopolitical impacts, and structural economic imbalances of entrepreneurship development. The existence of these impact directions of erroneous and untimely decision-making in the field of entrepreneurship management leads to the destruction of existing and makes it impossible to build effective mechanisms for innovative development of the entrepreneurship, causes the degradation of existing resources and economic potential of Ukraine. A conceptual model for the impact of untimely decision-making in a field of national economy management is designed in the article. Scientific and methodical approaches to overcoming the negative impact of erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions on the balanced development of entrepreneurship are been proposed in this document. This approach can be based on: firstly, on the correct decomposition of the problem – decomposition of the problem of erroneous and untimely decision-making into several main issues with the definition of their significance; secondly, on a systematic survey of experts in this subject to obtain the most accurate specification of the managerial decision, which may consist of a list of parties with their interests and capabilities; besides – on computer modeling of processes occurring in socio-economic systems. It should be noted, that one of the most pressing issues today is the implementation of such an approach to managerial decision-making, which would ensure a sufficiently high level of innovative development of entrepreneurship, combining economic interests of the businesses with the interests of the society and environment.
Conclusion. The results of our research allowed us to conclude that erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions in the sphere of entrepreneurship can lead not only to a direct and continuous decline in production capacity, which can be directly expressed in the real waste of labor potential. Overcoming the problem of erroneous and untimely decision-making in the field of entrepreneurship management can contribute to the formation of a rational and balanced spatial structure of the Ukrainian economy; to the development of effective competitive businesses; to the rational use of labor resources, equalization of socio-economic development of Ukraine; to the improving the demographic situation and increasing the life expectancy of Ukrainian population; to the increasing of gross domestic product. Successful practical implementation of the proposed scientific and methodological approach to overcoming the negative impact of erroneous and untimely adoption of managerial decisions is possible only if the objectives of innovative development of entrepreneurship and economic security of Ukraine are properly taken into account.
2. On approval of the list of priority thematic areas of scientific research and scientific and technical developments for the period until 2020: Decree on September 07, 2011 (edited on September 07, 2016). no. 942 / Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/942-2011-%D0%BF#Text (accessed August 14, 2020).
3. On National Security of Ukraine: The Law of Ukraine on June 21, 2018. no. 2469-VIII / Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2469-19#Text (accessed August 19, 2020).
4. Barabash Y. G. (2009) Rishennja – zakljuchna lanka v upravlinni [Decision – Final Link in Management]. Scientific Journal of Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University. Vol. 20, pp. 19-23.
5. Shevchenko, H. M. (2010). Pidpryiemnytskyi menedzhment u konteksti organizatsiinogo rozvytku [Entrepreneurial management in the context of organizational development]. Visnyk Sumskogo derzhavnogo universytetu. Seriia Ekonomika, 2, 63-72 [in Ukrainian].
6. Shevchenko, H., Petrushenko, M., Burkynskyi, B., Khumarova, N., & Opanasiuk, Y. (2020). Management of wellness and recreation in urban agglomerations. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 18(1), 231-241. https://doi:10.21511/ppm.18(1).2020.20 (дата звернення 14.08.2020).
7. Voloshyn V. S., Dejnegha O. V. (2009) Obgruntuvannja kryteriju ocinjuvannja korysnosti informaciji pry pryjnjatti upravlinsjkogho rishennja. [Substantiation of the criterion of evaluating the 2020 usefulness of information when making a management decision]. Herald of Khmelnytskyi national university. Economic sciences, Vol. 6, no 3, pp. 185-188.
8. Gavva V.N., Kharikh L.A. (2008) Pidghotovka ghospodarsjkogho rishennja za dopomoghoju ljudyno-mashynnykh procedur [Preparation of economic decision through human-machine procedures]. Economics and management of enterprises in the machine-building industry: problems of theory and practice, Vol. 2(2), pp. 92-101.
9. Dubovoj V.M., Kovaljuk O.O. (2007) Baghatokrokovi strateghiji pryjnjattja rishenj u dynamichnykh systemakh. [Multi-step decision-making strategies in dynamic systems]. Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University, Vol. 574, pp. 64-68.
10. Olijnychenko O. M. (2007) Aspektnyj pidkhid do vyznachennja ponjattja «upravlinsjke rishennja». [Aspect approach to the definition of "management decision"]. Scientific Works of National University of Food Technologies, no. 21, pp. 79-80.
11. Olijnychenko O. M. (2010) Informacijne zabezpechennja jak vazhlyva skladova procesu pidghotovky, pryjnjattja ta kontrolju realizaciji upravlinsjkogho rishennja na pidpryjemstvi. [Information provision as an important component of the process of preparing, adopting and controlling the implementation of management decisions at the enterprise]. Food Industry Economics, no. 3, pp. 38-42.
12 Mala N. T. (2007) Upravlinsjki rishennja: klasyfikacija ta proces pryjnjattja. [Management decisions: classification and adoption process]. Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University, Vol. 605, pp. 20-24.
13. Mazur E.E. (2014) Organizatsionnye patologii sistemy gosudarstvennogo regulirovaniya roznichnoy torgovli Ukrainy. [Organizational pathologies of the system of government regulation of the retail trade in Ukraine]. Economy of Ukraine, no. 4 (621), pp. 18-28.
14. Petrushenko, M. M., & Shevchenko, H. M. (2013). Management of ecological-economic conflicts in the context of the optimal mechanisms theory for the resources allocation. Actual Problems of Economics, 3, 186-192. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287596604_Management_of_ecological-economical_conflicts_within_the_ framework_of_the_theory_of_optimal_mechanisms_for_resource_distribution. (accessed August 14, 2020).
15. Petrushenko, M. M., & Voroshylo, L. S. (2015). Environmental-economic conflict: conceptual complexity and management issues. Economic Processes Management: International Scientific E-Journal, 3. Available at: http://epm.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/download /2015_3/2015_3_13.pdf. (accessed August 15, 2020).
16. Sirik I. P. (2011) Metodychni pidkhody do obgruntuvannja upravlinsjkykh rishenj [Methodological approaches to the justification of administrative decisions] (electronic journal). Efficient economy, no. 7. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=623 (accessed August 17, 2020).
17. Zhylinska O. (ed.) (2017) Ukrajina 2030: Doktryna zbalansovanogho rozvytku [Ukraine 2030. The Doctrine of Sustainable Development], Lviv, Kalvaria. Available at: http://econom.chnu.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/E-Book-Doctrine-2030.pdf (accessed August 10, 2020).
18. Gongal'skiy D. (2016) Maydannoe nastroenie [Maidan mood]. Personal account, no. 11, p. 8-10.
19. Salivon S. (2015) Postindustrial'nyy sindrom [Postindustrial Syndrome]. Business, no. 6 (1149), pp. 30-33.
20. Babenko M. (2016) Ne zhdali [Did not expect]. Focus, no 51-52 (509), p. 16.
21. Mazepa I. (2015) Vzlet padeniem. [Takeoff by falling]. Forbes Ukraine, no. 3 (49), p. 16.
22. Zgurovskiy M. (2015) Stsenarii dlya Ukrainy. [Scenarios for Ukraine], Business, no. 49 (1192), pp. 40-41.
23. Schneckenberg, D., Velamuri, V. K., Comberg, C., & Spieth, P. (2017). Business model innovation and decision making: uncovering mechanisms for coping with uncertainty. R&D Management, 47(3), 404-419. Available at:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vivek_Velamuri/publication/284726371_Business_model_innovation_and_decision_making_Uncovering_ mechanisms_for_coping_with_uncertainty/links/5dcdede292851c382f3dfeee/Business-model-innovation-and-decision-making-Uncovering-mechanisms-for-coping-with-uncertainty.pdf (accessed August 10, 2020).
24. Constantiou, I., Shollo, A., & Vendelø, M. T. (2019). Mobilizing intuitive judgement during organizational decision making: When business intelligence is not the only thing that matters. Decision Support Systems, 121, 51-61. Available at: https://e-tarjome.com/storage/panel/fileuploads/2019-08-19/1566219652_E12589-e-tarjome.pdf (accessed August 11, 2020). 25. Wang, C., Flamini, G., Wang, K., Pei, R. and Chen, C. (2020), "Entrepreneurial decision-making and family social capital", Management Decision, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-10-2019-1414 (accessed August 12, 2020).
26. Eisenhardt, K. M., & Zbaracki, M. J. (1992). Strategic decision making. Strategic management journal, 13(S2), 17-37. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250130904 (accessed August 12, 2020).
27. Stokman, F. N., Assen, M. A. L. M. V., Knoop, J. V. D., & Oosten, R. C. H. V. (2000). Strategic decision making. Advances in Group Processes, 17, 131 - 153. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0882-6145(00)17006-7 (accessed August 10, 2020).
28. Haddad, M. J., & Sanders, D. A. (2020). Artificial Neural Network Approach for Business Decision Making applied to a Corporate Relocation Problem. Archives of Business Research, 8(6). 180-195. Available at: https://researchportal.port.ac.uk/portal/files/21706222/Artificial_neural_network_approach.pdf (accessed August 14, 2020).
29. Jones, T. (2004). Business Economics & Managerial Decision Making. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, England. Available at: http://repository.mut.ac.ke:8080/xmlui/bitstream/handle/12345678/38/Business%20Economic%20and%20Decision%20Making%20(2005).pdf? sequence=1&isAllowed=y (accessed August 14, 2020).
30. Grünig, R., & Kühn, R. (2005). Successful decision-making. A Systematic Approach to Complex Problems. – Berlin: Springer. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32307-2 (accessed August 15, 2020)
31. Turpin, S. M., & Marais, M. A. (2004). Decision-making: Theory and practice. ORiON, 20(2), 143-160. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/orion/article/download/34246/6243 (accessed August 16, 2020).
32. Petrushenko, M. M. (2012). Ekonomichni ihry proty pryrody: model pryinniattia rishen u sferi upravlinnia ekolohichnymy konfliktamy [Economic games against nature: the model of decision making in the field of environmental conflict management]. Biznes Inform, 4, 130–132 [in Ukrainian]
33. Gryshchenko, V., Gryshchenko, I., & Ashkhab, H. H. (2018) Vplyv nesvoiechasnosti pryiniattia rishen u sferi upravlinnia natsionalnym hospodarstvom na ekonomiku Ukrainy [The impact of untimely decision-making in a field of national economy management on the economy of Ukraine]. Economy and Society, 17, 98-106. DOI: 32782/2524-0072/2018-17-14. Available at: http://www.economyandsociety.in.ua/journal/17_ukr/14.pdf (accessed August 15, 2020).
34. Gryshchenko, I. (2012) Upravlinnia eksportno-importnym potentsialom rehionu z urakhuvanniam vymoh ekolohichnoi bezpeky yak faktor harantuvannia staloho rozvytku [Management of export-import potential of the region taking into account the requirements of environmental safety as a factor in ensuring of sustainable development]. Investytsiyi: praktyka ta dosvid, Vol. 1, 71-74.
35. National Bank of Ukraine: Official website. (2020) Gross External Debt. Available at: https://bank.gov.ua/files/ES/ZB_y.xlsx (accessed August 22, 2020).
36. National Bank of Ukraine: Official website. (2020) State budget. Available at: https://bank.gov.ua/files/macro/C_budget_y.xlsx (accessed August 23, 2020).
37. National Bank of Ukraine: Official website. (2018) External trade of goods. Available at: https://bank.gov.ua/files/ES/Tov_y.xlsx (accessed August 24, 2020).