SCOPE OF MACRO MARKETING RELATED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL MARKETING SYSTEMS
Topicality. While digital revolution in every field and sector of economy, including marketing is fait accompli, a proper conceptualisation thereof is still far from being definitely provided. In this context the need for simultaneously more accurate and general understanding of marketing system development as well as for effective regulation of their growth and change is widely recognised. The situation with macromarketing in digital is much the same. Digital marketing in so far has mostly been scrutinised as a set of tools at the level of a firm. This article represents an attempt to shape it as a marketing system within service economy, the value in which is created by co-creation, and the theoretical basis is represented by the logic of service dominance (S-D logic).
Aim and tasks. The article addresses the scope and tasks of digital marketing, considered from the point of view of the marketing system at the macro level.
Research results. Based on the phenomena of datafication, digitalisation, virtualisation and generativity, as specific features of digital technologies the digital marketing macrosystem is shaped. On the basis of these treats, the vision of specific features of the scope of macromarketing in the digital space is proposed and developed, as well as the comparison of digital marketing as a micro- and a macrosystem is provided. Digital platforms for transactions, creation and access to new digital services, and related to them sharing economy research have been proposed as a central element to digital macromarketing. The concept might be used in further studies aimed at assessing the input of digital marketing onto economy as a whole, or the impact of digital media development on the development and growth of market environment, as well as to develop measures to regulate and stimulate digital marketing development and, through it, the development of the digital economy as a whole. Exploring the forms and conditions of its relationship with other marketing systems and other social subsystems, as well as determining the levels of the hierarchy in it and the interaction between levels, is a promising avenue for research. Some other areas of further research are also suggested.
Conclusion. Digital marketing as a macrosystem should focus on the study of functional mechanisms that help expand marketing processes and systems, determine the relationship between value creation and acquisition models and the creation and growth of welfare at the level of the economy as a whole. Given the central place of digital research platforms for the conditions of their origin and functioning depending on socio-economic conditions and development on their basis of the economy of distribution and joint value creation can be an interesting area of further research.
2. Baker, M. J. (1995). Marketing: Theory and practice: Macmillan International Higher Education.
3. Hunt, S. D. (2012). Toward the Institutionalization of Macromarketing: Sustainable Enterprise, Sustainable Marketing, Sustainable Development, and the Sustainable Society. Journal of Macromarketing, 32(4), 404-411. doi:10.1177/0276146712453331
4. Kotler, P., Kartajaya, H., & Setiawan, I. (2017). Marketing 4.0 : moving from traditional to digital. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley.
5. Kannan, P. K., & Li, H. A. (2017). Digital marketing: A framework, review and research agenda. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 34(1), 22-45. doi:10.1016/j.ijresmar.2016.11.006
6. Key, T. M. (2017). Domains of digital marketing channels in the sharing economy. Journal of Marketing Channels, 24(1-2), 27-38.
7. Arkhipova, N. I., & Gurieva, M. T. (2018). Modern Trends in the Development of Digital Marketing. RSUH/RGGU Bulletin. Series Economics. Management. Law(1), 9-21. doi:10.28995/2073-6304-2018-1-9-21
8. Graham, M., & Woodcock, J. (2018). Towards a Fairer Platform Economy: Introducing the Fairwork Foundation. Alternate Routes: A Journal of Critical Social Research, 29. Social Inequality and the Spectre of Social Justice, 242-253.
9. Robul, I. V.,& Sadchenko, O. V. (2020). Economic and Environmental Marketing Space of the Economics of Experience. Economic innovations, 22(1), 129-139.
10. Sadchenko, O. V. & Khumarova, N. I. (2019) Osnovy marketynhu v ekoloho-innovatsiinomu rozvytku ekonomiky vrazhen [Bases of marketing in ecological and innovative development of economics of impressions] Rynkova ekonomika: suchasna teoriia i praktyka upravlinnia, 18(3), 26-41.
11. Hulei, A. I., Yazliuk, B. O., & Hulei, S. A. (2018). Formuvannia novoi tsyfrovoi ery na mezhi realnoho ta virtualnoho sotsialno-ekonomichnoho prostoru vzaiemodii. [A new digital era formation at the borders of real and virtual socio- economic space of interaction]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky, 3(2), 17-26.
12. Matviiv, M. Ya. (2014). Formuvannia tsyfrovoho marketynhu pidpryiemstv. [Formation of digital marketing of enterprises] Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnia (41), 252-261.
13. Ponomarenko, I. V. (2018). Tsyfrovyi marketynh yak efektyvnyi instrument pidvyshchennia rivnia konkurentospromozhnosti kompanii. [Digital marketing as an efficient instrument for increasing company’s competitiveness level]. Problemy innovatsiino-investytsiinoho rozvytku (15), 57-65.
14. Barabanova, V. V. (2017). Elektronnyi marketynh yak vazhlyva skladova marketynhovoi diialnosti pidpryiemstva. [E-marketing as an important component of an enterprise's marketing activity] Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal Internauka(17 (2)), 11-14.
15. Ruban, V. V. (2017). Tsyfrovyi marketynh: rol ta osoblyvosti vykorystannia. [Digital marketing: the role and features of use] Ekonomichnyi visnyk Zaporizkoi derzhavnoi inzhenernoi akademii, 2(2 (08)), 20-23.
16. Malovychko, S. (2015). Elektronna komertsiia, elektronnyi marketynh: poniatiinyi analiz. [E-Commerce, Email Marketing: A Conceptual Analysis] Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu (10), 209-212.
17. Oklander, M. A., Romanenko, O. O. (2015). Spetsyfishni vidminnosti tsyfrovoho marketynhu vid internet-marketynhu. [Specific differences of digital marketing from internet marketing] Ekonomichnyy visnuk Natsional’noho technichnoho universytetu Ukrainy Kyivsykyy politechnichnyy instytut. (12), pp. 362-371.
18. Layton, R. A. (2014). Formation, Growth, and Adaptive Change in Marketing Systems. Journal of Macromarketing, 1(1), 1-18. doi:10.1177/0276146714550314
19. Layton, R. A. (2019). Marketing Systems – Looking Backward, Sizing up and Thinking Ahead. Journal of Macromarketing, 39(2), 208-224. doi:10.1177/0276146718823897
20. Layton, R. A. (2007). Marketing Systems - A Core Macromarketing Concepr. Journal of Macromarketing, 27(3), 227-242.
21. OECD. (2013). The Digital Economy 2012 (DAF/COMP(2012)22).
22. What is digital economy? Unicorns, transformation and the internet of things. Retrieved from https://www2.deloitte.com/mt/en/pages/technology/articles/mt-what-is-digital-economy.html
23. Measuring GDP in a Digitalised Economy (STD/CSSP(2016)4). (2016). Retrieved from Paris: http://www.oecd.org/dev/Measuring-GDP-in-a-digitalised-economy.pdf
24. Chaffey, D., & Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2019). Digital Marketing (7 ed.). Harlow: Pearson.
25. Heeks, R. (2016). Examining'Digital Development': The Shape of Things to Come? Development Informatics Working Paper(64).
26. Vargo, S. L., & Lusch, R. F. (2004). Evolving to a New Dominant Logic for Marketing. Journal of Marketing, 68(1), 1-17.
27. Bartels, R., & Jenkins, R. L. (1977). Macromarketing. Journal of Marketing(5), 17-20.
28. Hunt, S. D. (1981). Macromarketing as a Multidimensional Concept. Journal of Macromarketing, 1(1), 7-8. doi:10.1177/027614678100100103
29. Aaker, D. A., & Moorman, C. (2017). Strategic market management (Eleventh edition). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.