DEVELOPMENT OF GASTRONOMIC TOURISM PERSPECTIVES IN UKRAINE
Topicality. The development of domestic tourism is relevant today around the world, and Ukraine is no exception. One of the domestic tourism types for the country can be gastronomic tourism, which is still unequally developed within tourist destinations.
Aim and tasks – to assess the condition of gastronomic tourism development in Ukraine and to outline the prospects for its further development on the basis of the European experience
Research results. A promising area of tourist services market development is gastronomic tourism - a specialized type of tourism, focused on learning about the history, technology and culture of national dishes and products consumption, as well as training and professional development in cooking. Trends in the modern tourism market show a growing interest among consumers in these types of travel.
According to the UNWTO (World Tourism Organization), most tourists mark the gastronomic aspect as the main reason for visiting a country, and argue that the gastronomic features of the country are one of the three main reasons in determining the place of tourist travel.
Wine tours in Zakarpattia, Odesa, Kherson and Mykolayiv regions are gaining the most popularity in Ukraine among the actively demanded directions of tourist and gastronomic activity. Deep cultural traditions, in particular in gastronomic, for which Ukraine is famous, create preconditions for the formation of numerous interesting gastronomic tours for both domestic and foreign tourists.
Conclusion. Current trends in the development of gastronomic tourism in Ukraine indicate its significant potential and opportunities for professional development, because now this area of tourism is engaged in a limited number of tourism companies; Most trips are organized to Lviv, Zakarpattia and Poltava regions, where there are strong national traditions, the formation of their own gastronomic brands and geographical indications, a strong authentic culture and specific culinary preferences.
2. World Tourism Organization (2020). Retrieved from: http://www2.unwto.org/ru
3. Hlushko V. O. (2016). Gastronomic Tourism As A Separate Type Of Tourism: Concept, Essence, Classification [Hastronomichnyi turyzm yak okremyi vyd u turyzmi: poniattia, sutnist, klasyfikatsiia]. Trade And Market Of Ukraine - Torhivlia i rynok Ukrainy. Is. 39-40, 166-175.
4. Shandor, F. F., Kliap M. P. (2013). Modern varieties of tourism [Suchasni riznovydy turyzmu]. K. : Znannia, 2013.
5. The official site of World Food Travel Association (2020). Retrieved from: http://www.worldfoodtravel.org.
6. Kuklina T. S. (2013). Gastronomical tourism on ukrainian tourism market [Hastronomichnyi turyzm na turystychnomu rynku Ukrainy]. Retrieved from: http://www.sworld.com.ua/konfer30/682.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Rasulova A.M. (2015). Restaurant Business Potential In The Development Of Ukrainian Gastronomic Tourism [Potentsial restorannoho biznesu u rozvytku hastronomichnoho turyzmu Ukrainy]. Ekonomika ta derzhava, Is. 5, 78–83 [in Ukrainian].
8. Kornilova V. V. (2018). The Modern Trends Of Gastronomic Tourism Development [Suchasni tendentsii rozvytku hastronomichnoho turyzmu] Efektyvna ekonomika. Is. 2. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/2_2018/37.pdf [in Ukrainian].
9. Omelnytska V. O. (2018). Analysis Of The Global Market Of Gastronomic Tourism Services [Analiz svitovoho rynku posluh hastronomichnoho turyzmu]. Molodyi vchenyi. Vol. 9 (61), 506-511. [in Ukrainian].
10. Omelnytska V. O. (2018). Modern Condition Market Of Gastronomic Market Services Of Ukraine [Suchasnyi stan rynku posluh hastronomichnoho turyzmu Ukrainy]. Ekonomichni studii. Vol. 2 (20), 121-126. [in Ukrainian].
11. Gastronomic festivals of Ukraine-2018: where to visit, what to eat? Retrieved from: https://ye.ua/gurman/34214_Gastronomichni_festivali_Ukrayini_2018__kudi_ navidatisya_chim_polasuvati.html.
12. Association of assistance wine and gastronomic tourism of Ukraine (2020). Retrieved from: http://agvt.nuft.edu.ua/
13. Odesa Regional State Administration will create a Calendar of events for 2020 (2020). Retrieved from: https://oda.odessa.gov.ua/news/odeska-oda-sformue-kalendar-podievih-zahodiv-na-2020-rik