NETWORK MODELS OF REGIONAL ECONOMIC SYSTEMS
Topicality. Modeling the development of regional economic systems is an urgent task in connection with the decentralization reform of the management system and administrative-territorial structure in Ukraine, which creates new opportunities for the economic development of territories.
Aim and tasks. The aim of the article is to model regional economic systems to identify their optimal structure and factors that would most contribute to their development, as well as to study the possibility of applying the mathematical apparatus of graph theory.
Research results. The factors contributing to the development of regional economic systems and the link between decentralization and the network structure of the modern economy are identified. The concept of a quasi-fractal economic system is introduced. The possibility of using the apparatus of graph theory to study regional economic systems is shown. Examples of problems associated with the functioning of economic systems that can be formulated and solved in terms of graph theory are given. The role of the population as a link in regional economic systems is investigated. The main parameters characterizing the development of regional economic systems are identified: qualitative complexity and the presence of closed cycles. The role of topological sorting in the study of the structure of economic systems is revealed. The relationship between the territorial-administrative units and the structure of regional economic systems is indicated.
Conclusion In the study of regional economic systems, a structural approach using the graph theory apparatus is quite effective. It allows to formulate and solve problems associated with the modeling of these systems.The study of the structural properties of economic systems will reveal the patterns of development of socio-economic systems and predict this development.
2. Barnes W. & Ledebur L. (2013). Novi regionalni ekonomiky [New regional economies]. Lviv: Litopys [in Ukrainian].
3. Popkov V.V.& Berg D.B.& Ulianova Е.A.& Selezniova Е.А. (2015). Modelirovanie kak instrument formirovaniya tovarnoi i finansovoi seti v regionalnoj ekonomike [Modeling as a tool for the formation of a commodity and financial network in a regional economy].Ekonomika regiona.- № 2 [in Russian].
4. Mandelbrot B. (2009) Fractaly i haos: Mnozhestvo Mandelbrota i drugie chudesa [ Fractals and Chaos: The Mandelbrot Set and other miracles] . Izhevsk : RHD[in Russian].
5. Busacker R.& Saaty Т. (1974) - Konechnye grafy i seti .[Finite Graphs and Networks]. Moscow: Nauka [in Russian].
6. Maturana H.& Varela F.( 2001). Drevo poznaniya. Biologicheskie korni chelovecheskogo ponimaniya [Tree of knowledge. The biological roots of human understanding ] . Moscow.: Progress-Traditsiya [in Russian].
7. Ulyanova E. A. (2011) Balansovo-setevaya model autopoeticheskih sistem v ekonomike [Balance-network model of autopoietic systems in the economy]. Izvestiya UrGEU. No 5. [in Russian].
8. Kormen T.H.( 2015). Algoritmy: Vvodnyiy kurs [Algorithms: Introductory Course]. Moscow.: Williams [in Russian].
9. Ivanov A. O.& Tuzhilin A. A. (1991) Zadacha Shtejnera na ploskosti ili ploskie minimalnye seti [Steiner problem on a plane or flat minimal networks ].- Matem. sb./ Math. collection- V. 182, № 12 [in Russian].