STRATEGIES OF PORT ACTIVITIES: PRINCIPLES OF FORMATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
In a market economy, which directed toward economic methods of control, particularly relevant researches relating to the definition and formation of strategies for the development of port activities. Building wide range of industrial strategies for long-term prospect programs on the basis of each individual port within the industry are the vectors, which reinforce the need to find out the ways for implementation the established objectives. Due to the specific port activity, the conditions under which it is exercised, institutional uncertainty factors etc. forming appropriate methodological support for implementation of these programs. The investigation of the most suitable port activity strategies, principles and consistency of implementation have chosen as the purpose of this study.
Notably the basic conditions for any development programs are proposed. But for the selection and investigation such a sophisticated and multiplex conception as a market strategy of the port activity development it is appropriate to use system approach. It supposes that market strategy is a holistic approach, that is system with essential factors, its interconnection and interrelation, conditions of realization the port strategy as a system so on.
Specifying the strategic choice in accordance with market reality, resources and organizational port capacity, ports should generate functional strategy at middle corporate management. It is valid that the most important sort of functional strategy is financial strategy. In the article the process of budgeting is divided into appropriate stages, where the second one involves the selection of the criteria for investment decision-making. The essential principles of a long-term prospect budget elaboration have been developed in the investigation.
2. Hradov, A.P. (1995). Ekonomicheskaia stratehia firmy. [Economic strategy of the company]. Snt.Peterburh: Sotsialnaia literatura [in Russian].
3. Karlina, T. (2012). Struktura orhanizatsii i konkurentnye preimushchestva [Structure of organisation and competitive advantages]. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya – Problems of management theory and practice, 6, 76-84. [in Russian].
4. Ilchenko, S. V. (2015). Vnutrishno hospodarskii mekhanizm funktsionuvannia portovoho kompleksu Ukraini: teoriia ta praktyka [Intraeconomic mechanism of functioning of the port complex of Ukraine : theory and practice: monograph]. Odesa: IMPEED NASU [in Russian].
5. Каrlof, B. (1991). Delovaia stratehia: Business strategy. (V. A. Pripisnаia, Trans). Moscow: Ekonomika.
6. Petrov, A.N. (1992). Metodolohia vyrabotki stratehii razvitiya predpriiatiia [Methodology of enterprise development strategy]. Snt.Peterburh: SPbUZF [in Russian].