DETERMINATION OF THE FOREIGN ECONOMIC POTENTIAL OF UKRAINIAN WINE INDUSTRY IN THE WORLD MARKET
Topicality. Ukrainian export strategy for 2017-2021 determines food industry as one of the key elements of the country's foreign economic potential. Despite the secondary importance of wine in meeting the basic human needs, wine industry plays an important role in filling the budget of the country, ensuring the socio-economic development of regions. The wine sector is a perspective direction for the development of Ukrainian economy, an integral part of its foreign economic potential because of favourable natural and climatic conditions and existence of labour and other resources of high quality.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to determine the foreign economic potential of Ukrainian wine industry in the world market. To achieve the goal, following tasks have been set and solved: definition of production potential of Ukrainian wine industry; assessment of consumer potential of Ukrainian wine market; study of trends of export-import activity of market operators (volumes of export, import, foreign trade turnover, balance of export and import operations, geographic structure of export and import).
Research results. According to the research results of Ukrainian wine industry in 2014-2018, it is established that the production potential of Ukrainian wine market is decreasing. This can be explained by the decrease in the area of grape plantations in the fructiferous age, the declining dynamics of the index of industrial products, the growth of depreciation, the decrease in the average number of staff members, as well as the decline in consumer market potential (due to a decrease in the number of target consumer segment, in the share of spending on alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, the growth of average consumer prices, the prohibition of the promotion of wine etc.).
According to the export-import activity in monetary terms Ukraine is a net importer of grape wines. However, in terms of volume, the volumes of wine exports are dominated by imports. Such contradictions in data in both physical and monetary terms can be explained by the low cost of Ukrainian exports. The average price of 1 litre of exported Ukrainian wine in 2018 is 3.5 times lower than the cost of 1 litre of imported one. The geographic structure of demand for Ukrainian wines varies: the share of CIS countries and Europe is decreasing and the share of Asian countries is increasing. The largest buyers of Ukrainian wine are: Russian Federation, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and China. The geography of the import of grape wines has the opposite structure: a significant proportion is being taken by the European countries, the smallest – by the “new wine regions”: America, Africa and Australia and Oceania.
Conclusion. The analysis of the indicators of functioning of Ukrainian wine industry shows that at present, it can not claim the position of an influential player in the market. There is a significant natural and climatic potential, but there is a number of problems that hinder the development of foreign economic potential. These problems are: problems related to the political and legal environment; problems of production potential; problems of consumer potential; foreign trade problems; retail problems.
2. Pliaskina, A.I., & Savchuk, O.A. (2008). Vykorystannia produktovo-marketynhovoi prohramy u formuvanni asortymentu kharchovykh pidpryiemstv [Use of product and marketing program in the formation of assortment of food enterprises]. Marketynh v Ukraini - Marketing in Ukraine, Vol. 2, 50-55 [in Ukrainian].
3. Fomishyna, V.M. (2014). Zovnishnoekonomichna polityka v systemi upravlinnia potentsialom spozhyvannia ta zaoshchadzhennia sektoriv natsionalnoi ekonomiky [Foreign economic policy in the system of management of consumption potential and savings sectors of the national economy]. Kultura narodov Prychernomoria - Culture of Peoples of the Black Sea Region, Vol. 3, 48-51 [in Ukrainian].
4. Pliushyk, I.A., & Ohorodnyk R.P. (2013). Porivnialnyi analiz struktury zovnishnoi torhivli Khersonskoi oblasti z ohliadu priorytetiv ekonomichnoho rozvytku [Comparative analysis of the structure of foreign trade of Kherson region according to the priorities of economic development] Ekonomichni innovatsii - Economic Innovations, Vol. 52, 177-186 [in Ukrainian].
5. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
6. Interviu holovy Ukrainskoho biuro vynohradu i vyna [Interview with the head of the Ukrainian Bureau of Grapes and Wines]. Unian.net. Retrieved from: https://economics.unian.net/agro/1115476-glava-ukrainskogo-byuro-vinograda-i-vina-etot-god-mojet-stat-godom-velikih-vin.html. . [in Ukrainian].
7. Ukrayna: Vynodelы stremiatsia otkazatsia ot ymportnoho vynohrada [Ukraine: Winemakers are striving to give up imported grapes]. ukrprod.dp.ua. Retrieved from: https://ukrprod.dp.ua/2018/01/22/ukraina-vinodely-stremyatsya-otkazatsya-ot-importnogo-vinograda.html. [in Russian].
8. Eksport ukrainskoho vyna v 2018 rotsi zris na 20% [Exports of Ukrainian wine in 2018 increased by 20%]. www.agriagency.com.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.agriagency.com.ua/news/26307.html. [in Ukrainian].
9. Web-site of The International Organisation of Vine and Wine. Retrieved from: http://www.oiv.int/en/the-international-organisation-of-vine-and-wine [in English].
10. Yablonska, N.V., & Krupina S.V. (2018). Problemy pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv vynorobnoi haluzi Ukrainy [Problems of Increasing the Competitiveness of the Enterprises of the Ukrainian Wine Industry]. Infrastruktura rynku - Infrastructure of the Market, Vol. 16, 147-151 [in Ukrainian].
11. Anneksiya Kryima privela k smene lidera na ryinke vina [The annexation of the Crimea led to a change of leader in the wine market]. www.capital.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.capital.ua/ru/news/40056-anneksiya-kryma-privela-k-smene-lidera-na-rynke-vina. [in Russian].
12. Proizvoditeli ne kachestvennogo vina kontroliruyut 60% ukrainskogo ryinka vin [Non-quality wine producers control 60% of the Ukrainian wine market]. ekomik.ru. Retrieved from: http://ekomik.ru/byloe/8782-proizvoditeli-shmurdyaka-kontroliruyut-60-ukrainskogo-rynka-vin.html. [in Russian].
13. Inkerman v 2015 godu prodal na ukrainskom ryinke 864,5 tyis. dal vina [Inkerman in 2015 sold in the Ukrainian market 864.5 thousand dal of wine]. delo.ua. Retrieved from: https://delo.ua/business/inkerman-v-2015-godu-prodal-na-ukrainskom-rynke-8645-tys-dal-312767. [in Russian].
14. Chuhleb, I.P. (2012) Ekonomika lozyi [Economics of Vine]. Alkogol&Tabak - Alcohol & Tobacco, Vpl. 10, 339. Retrieved from: http://www.expert.ua/articles/45/0/9994 [in Russian].
15. Fomishyna, V.M., & Fedorova, N. Ye. (2018). Vyznachennia rivnia adaptatsii komunikatyvnoi skladovoi kompleksu marketynhu vynorobnoho pidpryiemstva (na prykladi PrAT «Kniazia Trubetskoho») [Determination of the level of adaptation of the marketing mix communication component of a winery (by the example of PrJSC “Kniazia Trubetskoho”)]. Ekonomika kharchovoi promyslovosti – Food Industry Economics, Vol. 3,10, 48-56 [in Ukrainian].