PERSPECTIVES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF CONTAINER CARGO TRANSPORTATION INLAND WATERWAYS OF UKRAINE
Topicality. The river potential of Ukraine has great prospects in the direction of connecting with Europe at the expense of increasing the transit capacity of the Danube and the Dnieper rivers taking into account the access to the Black Sea. River transport has a number of advantages over land, in particular: ready natural ways; use of water flow; the ability to transport any cargo and passengers simultaneously; safety and environmental friendliness; high bandwidth; high degree of reliability and timeliness of delivery; low cost of transportation, which leads to fuel economy, etc. It should be noted that to date, taking into account the uplift tariffs for transportation by rail and inconvenience of use of motor transport, organization of container service on the Dnieper is the most promising and in demand.
Aim and tasks. The aim of the article is to determine the organizational and economic bases of river container transportation in Ukraine. In accordance with the stated aim, it is necessary to analyze the cargo base of river container transportation in Ukraine; to formulate priorities of development of river navigation of Ukraine; to substantiate the efficiency of using container technology of cargo transportation by inland waterways of Ukraine.
Research results. The complex of measures for the development of container cargo transportation by inland waterways of Ukraine was proposed, the analysis of the market of river container transportations in Ukraine in comparison with the countries of the European Union and the USA was carried out, the main problems of development of inland water transport were identified and measures for their further development and operation of inland waterways of Ukraine taking into account the prospect of their integration into the European transport network.
Conclusion. Ukraine has significant potential for organizing logistics schemes for cargo transportation involving river transport in several directions. The presence, albeit somewhat obsolete, a powerful infrastructure base, a convenient geographical location and the availability of traffic flows that can potentially be transported by inland waterways, creates the preconditions for the restoration and development of this transport area.
2. Marchenko O.V., Bughajova D.O. (2017).Vodni perevezennja v Ukrajini ta zakordonom: rozvytok infrastruktury ta pravovyj status portiv [Water transportation in Ukraine and abroad: infrastructure development and the legal status of ports]. Porivnjaljno-analitychne pravo – Comparative and analytical law, 4, 106-108. Retreived from: http://www.pap.in.ua/4_2017/30.pdf [in Ukrainian]
3. V Chernomorskom basseyne ozhidaetsya rost fidernyih perevozok (2016) [In the Black Sea is expected to increase feeder transportation]. Portyi Ukrainyi - Ports of Ukraine, 8, 26-28 [in Russian].
4. Vantazhni perevezennja vnutrishnimy vodnymy shljakhamy [Freight transportation by inland waterways] www.eu4business.eu. Retreived from: http://www.eu4business.eu/files/medias/regulation.gov_.ua_vantazhni_per evezennya_vnutrishnimi_vodnimi_shlyahami_final.pdf [in Ukrainian]
5. Ukrajinsjkyj richnyj flot [Ukrainian river fleet]. ukrrichflot.ua. Retreived from: http://ukrrichflot.ua/ua [in Ukrainian]
6. Vantazhoperevezennja po Dnipru zbiljshylysja na 26 % u 2017 roci [Cargo transportation on the Dnieper has increased by 26 % in 2017] cfts.org.ua. Retreived from: https://cfts.org.ua/news/2018/01/18/gruzoperevozki_po_dnepru_uvelichilis_ na_26_v_2017_godu_45059 [in Ukrainian]
7. Richkova informacijna sluzhba Ukrajiny [River Information Service of Ukraine]. ukrris.com.ua. Retreived from: https://ukrris.com.ua/ris/fairway/waybills/index.php [in Ukrainian]
8. Khto, skiljky i chogho pereviz richkamy Ukrajiny u 2018 roci [Who, how much and what was transported by the rivers of Ukraine in 2018] ports.com.ua. Retreived from: https://ports.com.ua/uk/articles/kto-skolko-i-chego-perevez-na-rekakh-ukrainy-v-2018-godu [in Ukrainian]
9. Shandrivsjka O. Je., Vysocjkyj M., Krykavsjkyj Je. V. (2017). Doslidzhennja strateghichnykh perspektyv rozvytku richkovykh portiv Ukrajiny [Research strategic prospects of development of river ports in Ukraine]. [in Ukrainian]
10. Najbiljshi porty SShA [The biggest ports of the USA] usa-info.com.ua. Retreived from: http://usa-info.com.ua/ports-usa/symbol/ports [in Ukrainian]
11. Kontejnerni perevezennja - kljuch do jevropejsjkogho rynku [Container transportations - the key to the European market] info.uz.ua. Retreived from: https://info.uz.ua/analitika/konteynerni-perevezennya-klyuch-do-evropeyskogo-rinku [in Ukrainian]