TAX DISTRIBUTION OF REGIONAL ECONOMIC COOPERATION UNDER GLOCALIZATION AND LOCAL SELFFGOVERNANCE REFORMING CONDITIONS
Topicality. The urgency is explained by the need of use of taxation regulatory leverage for stimulation of territorial communities cooperation, as well as the development of scientifically substantiated grounds for the economic cooperation of regional economic systems is to be developed in order to increase their socio-economic development and on the basis of improving of the institutional basis in favorable conditions for local self-government reform and inclusion of local systems globalization processes. In the process of active decentralization reform, realization of efforts to build effective local selfgovernance and achieve the development of territorial economic systems on the basis of European integration and the implementation of international best practices and trends, it is necessary to regulate the use of cooperation measures. The practice of applying of contractual forms of cooperation between administrative units in order to improve their economic capacity, which has been spread in the EU, has not been widely disseminated and implemented in Ukraine, despite its exceptional value as a measure to stimulate the socio-economic development of the regions and as an instrument for implementing of strategic documents initiatives on regional policy in Ukraine and in the EU.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to determine the scientific basis for tax incentives for regional economic cooperation as a measure of increase of socio-economic development level, to substantiate the proposals of stimulation of the implementation of investment and innovative projects, that are aimed at improving the community's welfare on local, regional, national and international levels due cooperation tools and better use of local resources and the benefits of territorial units during their participation in economic exchange, that is - during the glocalization process.
Research results. It's proposed the scientific principles of tax stimulation of economic cooperation at the regional level and the essence of regional economic cooperation process, achieved by administrative units, is determined. It's stated that such sense should correspond and improve the existing principles and provisions of the European regional policy, implementation means of which are to be updated in accordance with national features and trends of economic system development. The scientific principles and measures that are to stimulate economic cooperation are developed on the basis of actual provisions of the modern institutional environment, including the Tax and Budget Codes of Ukraine. It has been established that the proposed regulatory tax measures have become possible for practical use, on the basis of appropriate scientific justification, due to modern changes in the budget legislation and are promising for implementation, especially in the aspect of the implementation of new large-scale investment projects, and as a lever to support the development of economic growth.
The list of local taxes and fees with the help of which it is possible to stimulate regional economic cooperation is determined, the methodical bases of the regulation of economic cooperation are formulated, in the context of inclusion of territorial communities in the processes of global economic exchange. The measures of stimulation of economic cooperation and implementation of strategically important investment projects with global character are proposed. The measures are to establish preferential rates for local taxes within the existing powers of local self-governmental bodies, the application of privileges for reinvestment operations, the drawing up of strategic plans for promising investment-oriented taxation at the territorial level communities and regions.
Conclusion. The results of the research are outlined in the article, in the form of regulatory measures, and are actually necessary for central and regional authorities, since they contain a scientific justification for the effective promotion of economic transformations in a territorial context in according to the implementation needs of the reform of local self-governance and taking into account the influence of the processes of globalization. The prospect for further research includes the formulation of methodological approaches to the determining of tax regulators set that are to stimulate socio-economic development and stimulate regional cooperation, to assess the effectiveness of such regulatory measures.
2. Zakon Ukrainy "Pro spivrobitnytstvo terytorialnykh hromad" [Law of Ukraine "On Cooperation of Territorial Communities"]. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1508-18 [in Ukrainian].
3. Europe 2020 strategy European Commission – Retreived from: https://https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-economic-governance-monitoring-prevention-correction/european-semester/framework/europe-2020-strategy_en [in English].
4. «Kontseptsiia reformuvannia systemy mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta terytorial'noi orhanizatsii vlady v Ukraini» skhvaleno rozporiadzhenniam Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [The concept of reforming the system of local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine "was approved by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. (2014) www.kmu.gov.ua. Retreived from: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-r/paran8#n8 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro dobrovil'ne ob'iednannia terytorial'nykh hromad» [Law of Ukraine «On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities»] (2015) Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady (VVR), 13, st.91 [in Ukrainian].
6. «Pro Zatverdzhennia Stratehii staloho rozvytku «Ukraina – 2020»Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy [Decree of the President of Ukraine "On Approval of the Strategy of Sustainable Development" Ukraine-2020"]. (2015) Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy, 4, art. 67 [in Ukrainian].
7. «Stratehiya staloho rozvytku «Ukraina – 2030» proekt [Strategy of Sustainable Development" Ukraine-2030" project]. (2017) http://www.ua.undp.org. Retreived from: http://www.ua.undp.org/content/dam/ukraine/docs/SDGreports/UNDP_Strategy_v06-optimized.pdf [in Ukrainian].
8.Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy.[Tax Code of Ukraine]. www.zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17 [in Ukrainian].
9. Tkachuk A., Meddok K., Mrins'ka O. & Tretiak Yu (2013) Derzhavna rehional'na polityka v Ukraini: vid deklaratsij do rehional'noho rozvytku [State regional policy in Ukraine: from declarations to regional development]. Retreived from: https://dt.ua/internal/derzhavna-regionalna-politika-v-ukrayini-vid-deklaraciy-do-regionalnogo-rozvitku-_.html [in Ukrainian].
10. Šipilova V., Aleksejeva L. & Ostrovska I. (2016) Testing the Approaches of Regional Development in Small Municipalities [Testing the Approaches of Regional Development in Small Municipalities]Journal of Eastern Europe Research in Business & Economics. Retreived from: http://ibimapublishing.com/articles/JEERBE/2016/677185/677185.pdf. DOI: 10.5171/2016.677185 [in English].
11. Kaczmarek T.Strukturyterytorialno-administracyjneiichreformyw krajach europejskich [Tekst]/TomaszKaczmarek. Poznań: Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2005. Р.14. [in Polish].
12.Smarter, greener, more inclusive? Indicators to support the Europe 2020 strategy (2016) Statistical books. – Retreived from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/7566774/KS-EZ-16-001-EN-N.pdf/ac04885c-cfff-4f9c-9f30-c9337ba929aa.- DOI: 10.2785/571743 [in English].
13. Loginova Julia (2014). Local and regional development towards more sustainable communities and regions in rural Komi [Local and regional development towards more sustainable communities and regions in rural Komi] This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License: Retreived from: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7557/5.3202 [in English].
14.Carmenado I., TurekRahoveanu A. & AfonsoGallegos A. (2014) Project Management Competencies for Regional Development in Romania: Analysis from “Working with People” Model [Project Management Competencies for Regional Development in Romania: Analysis from “Working with People” Model] Procedia Economics and Finance.Vol. 8, 614–621. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(14)00136-1 [in English].
15. Barca F., McCann Ph.&Rodríguez Pose A. (2012) The case for regional development intervention: place based versus place neutral approaches [The case for regional development intervention: place based versus place neutral approaches] Journal of regional science, Vol. 52, 134-152. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9787.2011.00756.x [in English].
16. Dhillon A., Wooders, M., Zissimos, B. (2007) Tax Competition Reconsidered [Tax Competition Reconsidered] Journal of Public Economic Theory. Vol. 9 (Is. 3), 391-423. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9779.2007.00312.x [in English].
17.Romer, C., Romer, D. (2010) The macroeconomic effects of tax changes: estimates based on a new measure of fiscal shocks[The macroeconomic effects of tax changes: estimates based on a new measure of fiscal shocks] American Economic Review. Vol.100 (Is. 3), 763-801[in English].
18. Wilson John D. (1986) A theory of interregional tax competition [A theory of interregional tax competition]Journal of Urban Economics,Volume 19 (Issue 3), 296-315. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/0094-1190(86)90045-8 [in English].
19. Spivrobitnytstvo terytorialnykh hromad: infohrafika [Territorial Communities Cooperation: Infographics] (2019) https://decentralization.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://decentralization.gov.ua/cooperation/gallery [in Ukrainian].
20. Mizhmunitsypalne spivrobitnytstvo: eksperty [Inter-municipal cooperation: experts] (2019) https://decentralization.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://decentralization.gov.ua/news/10654 [in Ukrainian].
21. R Prud'homme (1992) Informal Local Taxation in Developing Countries. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space.Retreived from:https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1068/c100001 - doi:https://doi.org/10.1068/c100001 [in English].
22. Blöchliger H., HilberCh.,SchöniO.&MaximilianvonEhrlich (2017) Local taxation, land use regulation, and land use.OECDiLibrary Volume1375, 27.- doi: : https://doi.org/10.1787/52da7c6a-en. [in English].
23. BischoffI.&KrabelS. (2017) Local taxes and political influence: evidence from locally dominant firms in German municipalities. International Tax and Public Finance, Volume 24, Issue2, 313–337. Retreived from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10797-016-9419-y [in English].
24. Biudzhetnyi kodeks Ukrainy. [Budget Code of Ukraine]. www. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2756-17 [in Ukrainian].
25. Rezultaty finansovoi detsentralizatsii za 10 misiatsiv 2018 roku – ekspertnyi analiz [The results of financial decentralization for the 10 months of 2018 - expert analysis] (2019) https://decentralization.gov.ua. Retreived from: https://decentralization.gov.ua/news/10197 [in Ukrainian].