INDUSTRY OF RIVNE REGION: CURRENT STATE AND STRATEGIC TARGETS OF DEVELOPMENT
Topicality. Increasing attention to the development of industry and industrial policy is one of the main tendencies in the development of the modern world global economy. Wide recognition of the important role of industry in solving current problems has been reflected in new challenges for rapid development of the domestic industry. It is a generator of scientific and technological progress and innovation and an important factor in the competitiveness of national economies and it serves as a driver for economic growth. Purpose and tasks.
The purpose of the article is to identify the situation, problems and prospects of industry development in the Rivne region. Results. It is established the leading role in the economy of Rivne Oblast is famous for industry and agriculture. It was revealed the leading industries of the Rivne region including production and supply of electricity and gas; Chemical Industry; manufacture of building materials and glassware; Food Industry; manufacture of wood products; engineering.
The results of the research on the development of industry in the Rivne region, problems and tasks of its development, SWOT-analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of industry in the Rivne region, opportunities and threats of its development are presented. The primary directions of industry development in the Rivne region have been formed. In particular, modernization of production; introduction of energy-saving technologies; promotion of production of industrial products, competitive in the domestic and foreign markets; an increase in the total volume of foreign direct investment attracted to the regional economy; establishing cooperation with international companies; regulation of the legislative framework on consumer rights protection, advertising, unfair competition, registration of patents and inventions, registration and protection of trademark rights for goods and services.
Conclusions. The following problems of the regional industry must be considered and urgently addressed: moral and physical depreciation of fixed assets, high dependence on world market conditions, high energy intensity of production, production of products with low added value, etc. Instead, key drivers need to become its competitive advantages as a strong raw material base, advantageous geographic position, close proximity to the EU markets, a relatively low share of labor costs in the structure of the cost of industrial products, and a significant unrealized potential of domestic demand for industrial products.
2. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [The Report on the State of the Environment in the Rivne Region]. Retrieved from http://www.ecorivne.gov.ua/report_about_environment/ [in Ukrainian].
3. Derzhavna sluzhba Ukrainy z pytan bezpechnosti kharchovoi produktsii ta zakhystu prav spozhyvachiv [Site of The State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved from http://www.consumer.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
4. Dopovid pro stan navkolyshnoho pryrodnoho seredovyshcha v Rivnenskii oblasti [The Report on the State of the Environment in the Rivne Region]. Retrieved from http://www.ecorivne.gov.ua/report_about_environment/ [in Ukrainian].
5. Eksportna stratehiia Ukrainy [The Export strategy of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/npas/pro-shvalennya-eksportnoyi-strategiyi-ukrayini-dorozhnoyi-karti-strategichnogo-rozvitku-torgivli-na-20172021-roki [in Ukrainian].
6. Kyrychenko, V.V. (2015). Promyslovist Rivnenskoi oblasti: problemy i perspektyvy rozvytku [Industry of Rivne Oblast: problems and perspectives for development]. Nikolaev: Scientific journal of Nikolaev National University named after. V.O. Sukhomlynsky, 5, 704-707. Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/5-2015/144.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Krykavskyi, Ye., & Chukhrai , N. (2005). Promyslovyi marketynh [Industrial Marketing]. Lviv: Publishing house «Lvivska Polytechnika» [in Ukrainian].
8. Marketynhovo-lohistychni protsesy v ekonomitsi: teoriia ta praktyka: Monohrafiia (2015). [Marketing and Logistics Processes in Economics: Theory and Practice: Monograph]. Rivne: NUVGP. [in Ukrainian].
9. Malchyk, M.V., & Popko, O.V.,& Tolchanova, Z.O. (2015). Marketynhovi doslidzhennia innovatsiinoi diialnosti vitchyznianykh promyslovykh pidpryiemstv [Marketing researches of innovation activity of domestic industrial enterprises]. Economic efficiency of business in the conditions of unstable economy: Collective monograph, 207-212. Retrieved from http/ ecofin.at.ua/monografy_01_2015.pdf [in Ukrainian].
10. Marketynh: Navchalnyi posibnyk (2014). [Marketing: Textbook]. Rivne: NUVGP [in Ukrainian].
11. Nova promyslova polityka Ukrainy [New industrial policy of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://informat.com.ua/uk/nova-promislova-politika-ukraini/ [in Ukrainian].
12. Osnach, O. F. (2009). Promyslovyi marketynh: pidruchnyk [Industrial Marketing: Textbook]. Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature [in Ukrainian].
13. Promyslovist i promyslova polityka Ukrainy 2013: aktualni trendy, vyklyky, mozhlyvosti: nauk.–analitychna dopovid (2014). [Industry and Industrial Policy of Ukraine 2013: Current Trends, Challenges, Opportunities: Sciences-Analytical Report]. Donetsk: National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Industrial Economics [in Ukrainian].
14. Propozytsii do planu pershocherhovykh dii z rozvytku promyslovosti Ukrainy [The Proposals to the plan of priority actions for the development of industry in Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www.uifuture.org/publications/news/22080-plan-po-razvitiu-promyslennosti-ukrainy-doklad-uif-dla-minekonomiki-2017 [in Ukrainian].
15. Stratehiia rozvytku Rivnenskoi oblasti na period do 2020 roku [Strategy of development of Rivne region for the period up to 2020]. Retrieved from http://surdp.eu/uploads/files/Rivnenska_RDS_FINAL_UA.pdf. 5 [in Ukrainian].