RISK PREVENTION OF ATMOSPHERIC POLLUTION BY IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AT THE HEAT ENERGY FACILITIES
Topicality. The problem of anthropogenic impact reducing on atmospheric air is especially relevant to date. Ukraine ranks one of the first places in the world of mortality rate from environmental pollution and one of the main sources of pollution is the operation of coal installations.
Most of the equipment of the large power plants of Ukraine is in the pre-critical state, it is morally and physically obsolete. Unsatisfactory condition of environmental technologies and non-compliance with international requirements of the cleaning of atmospheric air emissions from the thermal power plants are the urgent issues of the current international economic and environmental policy of the country.
Aim and tasks are to determine the prospects of introducing and improving the environmental management system at Large Combustion Plants in Ukraine in the context of the National Plan for Reducing Emissions to reduce the environmental risks posed by pollutant emissions from heat power plants and the entry of Ukraine into the international stage in the field of ecology and energy.
Research results. The article examines the main environmental risks caused by the operation of heat energy facilities and international requirements that Ukraine must fulfill in the near future. Also reviewed are the possible risks faced by the objects of heat power in the path of environmentalization.
Based on the research, implementation of the ecological management system at Large Combustion Plants of Ukraine in the context of the National Plan for Reducing Emissions is proposed in order to reduce the potential risks of environmentalization and rational use of the resource potential of heat power sector enterprises. The possible ways of introducing the ecological management system and the impact of such modernization of heat power engineering objects on the international status of Ukraine as a country that has joined the international initiatives are determined. An example of a successful introduction of the environmental management system at the heat energy project of Ukraine related to large combustion plants and its compliance with the requirements of the National Plan for Reducing Emissions is given.
Conclusions. The introduction of the environmental management system will enable heat energy facilities to rapidly and rationally transition to new technologies, fulfill international requirements and, in turn, reduce to a minimum the risks associated with atmospheric air pollution.
2. The Guardian: China tops WHO list for deadly outdoor air pollution. Retrieved from: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/27/more-than-million-died-due-air-pollution-china-one-year [in English].
3. Carbon Brief. Mapped: The world’s coal power plants. Retrieved from: https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-worlds-coal-power-plants [in English].
4. Energety`chna strategiya Ukrayiny` na period do 2035 roku «Bezpeka, energoefekty`vnist`, konkurentospromozhnist`» [Energy Strategy of Ukraine until 2035«Safety, Energy Efficiency, Competitiveness»], 2017. – 66 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Dogovir pro zasnuvannya Energety`chnogo Spivtovary`stva vid 25.10.2005[Treaty establishing the Energy Community, 25.10.2005]. Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_926 [in Ukrainian].
6. Nacional`ny`j plan skorochennya vy`ky`div vid vely`ky`x spalyuval`ny`x ustanovok [National Plan for Reducing Emissions from Large Combustion Plants]. Kiev, 2015. – 78 p.[in Ukrainian].
7. Directive 2001/80/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2001 on the limitation of emissions of certain pollutants into the air from large combustion plants// Official Journal of the European Communities. EN. – 27.11.2001. – L. 309/1–21 [in English].
8. Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control) Text with EEA relevance// Official Journal of the European Communities. EN. – 24.11.2010. – L. 334/1–17 [in English].
9. Europe’s dark cloud. How coal-burning countries are making their neighbours sick, 2016. – 56 p. [in English].
10. Safranov T. A., Gubanova O. R.,&Lukashov D. V. (2013) Ekologo-ekonomichni osnovy` pry`rodokory`stuvannya: navchal`ny`j posibny`k [ Ecological-economic bases of nature use: textbook] . - Lviv: "Novyi-svit-2000", – 350 p. [in Ukrainian].
11. Internationalstandard. ISO Environmental management systems — Requirements with guidance for use. Second edition 2004-11-15. – 20 с. [in English].
12. ISO Survey of certifications to management system standards. Retrieved from: https://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=18808772&objAction=browse&viewType=1 [in English].
13. Derzhavna sluzhba staty`sty`ky` Ukrayiny`: Kil`kist` pidpry`yemstv za vy`damy` ekonomichnoyi diyal`nosti z rozpodilom na vely`ki, seredni, mali ta mikropidpry`yemstva u 2017 roci [State Statistics Service of Ukraine: Number of enterprises by type of economic activity with distribution to large, medium, small and micro enterprises in 2017]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
14. Zaporiz`ka TES investuvala 57 mln grn u vy`konannya ekologichnoyi programy` 2014 roku [Zaporizhzhya TPP invested UAH 57 million in implementation of the 2014 ecological program]. Retrieved from: https://ecotown.com.ua/news/Zaporizka-TES-investuvala-57-mln-hrn-u-vykonannya-ekolohichnoyi-prohramy-2014-roku/ [in Ukrainian].
15. Oficijny`j sajt DTEK. Staly`j rozvy`tok. Oxorona dovkillya [DTEK official website. Sustainability. Environmental protection]. Retrieved from: https://energo.dtek.com/sustainable_development/environment/ [in Ukrainian].