SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF ECONOMIC SYSTEMS: PROJECT-DECENTRALIZATION APPROACH
Topicality. The conceptual foundations of institutional support for the development of regional economic systems around the world are in state of constant transformation according to the impact of key topical trends. During the last two decades, the EU has adopted policy of active investment support for the development of local destinations, territorial centers of resource concentration and economic growth. The general rules of the investment activities conducting are combined with targeted measures of support for the implementation of strategically significant projects. The emphasis in the European regional policy has shifted towards the will of the investments attracting so much that, in fact, the whole policy of stimulating of regional sustainable development has turned into investment policy. An important task for the practical implementation of tools for a project, decentralization approach is the development of methodical tools for the preparation and execution of priority investment projects in the territorial communities in order to develop scientific and applied tools. Even the consideration of specific practical situations is urgent with the purpose of generation of new organizational and economic mechanisms that are to stimulate investment development of territories. Despite numerous theoretical and applied developments in the field of the socio-economic development stimulation of regions and territorial communities, the questions remain unanswered regarding the methodological bases for regulation of priority areas of economic activity of territorial communities and methodological approaches to selection, assessment of the degree of perspective and promotion of implementation of priority investment projects taking into account the specifics and the concentration of local resources. In more specific and applied aspects, the issue of project incentives for socio-economic development of communities is unresolved for the conditions of the national economy, on the basis of decentralization reform and taking into account the requirements of the ideology of sustainable development. Also, the description of various situations with the organization of socio-economic development of the territorial community in the conditions of decentralization, as an example of concrete projects, is still insufficiently considered.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to formulate conceptual foundations, methodological approaches to the stimulation of the sustainable development of territorial communities in the conditions of decentralization, using the best European principles, practices and on the basis of specific situation description of the development and implementation of a long-term investment project for the territorial community. Consideration of the prospects and key aspects of the implementation of investment projects will be considered on the example of the planned association of the Lyman united territorial community of the Tatarbunarian district of the Odessa region.
Research results. The conceptual, methodical principles of project support of investment activity in territorial communities are considered, algorithm of selection and support of investment project realization, which is a priority for the territorial community, is defined. There is considered, on the example of the Lyman United Territorial Community, a project on integrated recycling and rational waste management, the results of which the experts of the Institute for Market Problems and Economic & Ecological Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine with representatives of the future community testify to the demand for an individual, pro-project approach to the solution of territorial communities problems, on the basis of local features. Thus, in the considered example, taking into account the specifics of composition, volumes, garbage structure and taking into account the seasonal fluctuations in its formation, the original methods are proposed that are available for the community during the processing of waste products into useful products, which are in demand, first of all, in the domestic market segment of the same community. The economic, social, ecological effectiveness of this project is determined, prospects of viability and opportunities for project development are estimated.
Conclusions. The experience of working with representatives of territorial communities in the field of implementation of scientific and applied developments to stimulate the socio-economic growth of economic systems on the basis of sustainable development suggests the need for methodological tools on planning sustainable development of territorial communities in the context of decentralization reform.
The prospects of the proposed approach include the possibility of local administration and application of measures of economic and organizational assistance for the implementation of such unique projects by the very same territorial community. Support for promising investment projects can be carried out directly by the administrations of territorial communities on the basis of scientifically substantiated principles concerning economic, tax, organizational and other types of regulation.
2. Europe 2020 strategy European Commission – Retreived from: https:// https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-economic-governance-monitoring-prevention-correction/european-semester/framework/europe-2020-strategy_en [in English].
3. «Kontseptsiia reformuvannia systemy mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta terytorial'noi orhanizatsii vlady v Ukraini» skhvaleno rozporiadzhenniam Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [The concept of reforming the system of local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine "was approved by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. (2014) www.kmu.gov.ua. Retreived from: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-r/paran8#n8 [in Ukrainian].
4. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro dobrovil'ne ob'iednannia terytorial'nykh hromad» [Law of Ukraine «On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities»] (2015) Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady (VVR), 13, st.91 [in Ukrainian].
5. «Pro Zatverdzhennia Stratehii staloho rozvytku «Ukraina – 2020» Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy [Decree of the President of Ukraine "On Approval of the Strategy of Sustainable Development" Ukraine-2020"]. (2015) Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy, 4, art. 67 [in Ukrainian].
6. Tkachuk A., Meddok K., Mrins'ka O. & Tretiak Yu (2013) Derzhavna rehional'na polityka v Ukraini: vid deklaratsij do rehional'noho rozvytku [State regional policy in Ukraine: from declarations to regional development]– Retreived from: https://dt.ua/internal/derzhavna-regionalna-politika-v-ukrayini-vid-deklaraciy-do-regionalnogo-rozvitku-_.html [in Ukrainian].
7. Šipilova V., Aleksejeva L. & Ostrovska I (2016) Testing the Approaches of Regional Development in Small Municipalities [Testing the Approaches of Regional Development in Small Municipalities] Journal of Eastern Europe Research in Business & Economics – Retreived from: http://ibimapublishing.com/articles/JEERBE/2016/677185/677185.pdf. - DOI: 10.5171/2016.677185 [in English].
8. Smarter, greener, more inclusive? Indicators to support the europe 2020 strategy (2016) Statistical books. – Retreived from : http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/7566774/KS-EZ-16-001-EN-N.pdf/ac04885c-cfff-4f9c-9f30-c9337ba929aa. - DOI: 10.2785/571743 [in English].
9. Loginova Julia (2014). Local and regional development towards more sustainable communities and regions in rural Komi [Local and regional development towards more sustainable communities and regions in rural Komi] This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License : – Retreived from : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. - DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7557/5.3202 [in English].
10. Carmenado I., TurekRahoveanu A. & AfonsoGallegos A. (2014) Project Management Competencies for Regional Development in Romania: Analysis from “Working with People” Model [Project Management Competencies for Regional Development in Romania: Analysis from “Working with People” Model] Procedia Economics and Finance. Vol. 8, 614–621. - DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(14)00136-1 [in English].
11. Barca F., McCann Ph. & Rodríguez‐Pose A. (2012) The case for regional development intervention: place‐based versus place‐neutral approaches [The case for regional development intervention: place‐based versus place‐neutral approaches] Journal of regional science, Vol. 52, 134-152. - DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9787.2011.00756.x [in English].
12. Pidtrymannia tempu protsesu detsentralizatsii v Ukraini [Maintaining the pace of the decentralization process in Ukraine] (2018) OECD, Paryzh. – Retreived from : https://books.google.com.ua/books?isbn [in Ukrainian].
13. Kapitalni investytsii za dzherelamy finansuvannia. [The Main Department of Statistics in Odessa Oblast. Capital investments by source of funding.] Holovne upravlinnia statystyky v Odeskii oblasti.www.ukrstat.gov.ua. - http://od.ukrstat.gov.ua/stat_info/invest/invest%2022.htm [in Ukrainian]
14. Portal vidkrytykh danykh Odeskoi oblasti [Open data portal of the Odessa region] Odeska oblasna derzhavna administratsiia.- Retreived from:: http://odesa.opendata.ua[in Ukrainian]
15. Rehiony Ukrainy 2016: statystychnyi sbirnyk [Regions of Ukraine 2016: Statistical Collection] (2016). The State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv[in Ukrainian].
16. Tkachuk A. (2018). Novi pidkhody rozvytku sil's'kykh terytorij v umovakh detsentralizatsii ta zmin u derzhavnij rehional'nij politytsi [New approaches to the development of rural areas in a context of decentralization and changes in the state regional policy] Instytut hromadians'koho suspil'stva Retreived from: https://www.csi.org.ua/articles/novi-pidhody-rozvytku-silskyh-terytorij-v-umovah-detsentralizatsiyi-ta-zmin-u-derzhavnij-regionalnij-politytsi[in Ukrainian].