INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVENESS OF THE SERVICES OF THE SEA PORTS OF THE BLACK SEA-AZOV BASIN FROM THE POSITIONS OF INTERPORT COMPETITION
Topicality. The urgency of the topic is due to the rapid development of integration and globalization processes that have changed the conditions of port business and the requirements for the provision of seaport services. An increasingly problematic issue is the need to determine the competitiveness of Ukraine's maritime infrastructure, which lags behind most developed countries in terms of service quality and speed of transport, in order to further identify effective ways to increase the competitive position of seaports. The problem of analysis of interport competition and competitiveness of port services in modern conditions of world market development requires improvement of the methodological apparatus. Analysis of the international competitiveness of port services is considered necessary to do according to a methodology that takes into account the set of production facilities and the relationships between them, the influence of numerous factors and variables using modern methods of multicriteria analysis..
Aim and tasks. The aim of the article is to determine the current competitive position of Ukrainian seaports in the Black Sea-Azov basin using the method of "Data Envelopment Analysis" to provide further recommendations for its improvement..
Research results. The study found that the competitiveness of services is understood as the degree of their compliance with the requirements of the selected market; as a set of factors that reflect both the technical and economic characteristics of services and the conditions of their implementation; as a set of consumer and cost characteristics, in connection with which there is a distribution of demand. In general, the factors influencing the competitiveness of seaport services can be grouped into a block of geographical, natural-climatic, infrastructural, logistical-technological, geopolitical and institutional factors. Assessment of the competitiveness of seaports from the standpoint of interport competition by the method of "Analysis of the operating environment" determined that the ports of Chernomorsk, Yuzhny, Odessa quite effectively use available capacity (88.6%, 98.9% and 85.1% respectively), but lag behind indicators of the ports of Trabzon, Batumi, Constanta, Burgas, South, Caucasus.
Conclusion. The study found that the main approach on the basis of which is the formation of the competitiveness of the seaport, is a resource approach aimed at increasing port capacity. To analyze the international competitiveness of port services used a methodology that takes into account the set of production facilities and the relationships between them, the influence of factors and variables using methods of multi-criteria analysis (method "Analysis of the operating environment"). Prospects for future research are related to the development of effective ways to increase and use port capacity to increase the international competitiveness of Ukrainian ports in the Black Sea-Azov region.
2. Porter M. E. (1986). Competition in Global Industries. Boston: Harvard Business School Press. [in English].
3. Fathutdinov R. A. (2005). Competitiveness: Russia and the World. [Konkurentosposobnost: Rossiya i mir.]. Monografiya. M. : Ekonomika. [in Russian].
4. Dragan A.Y`. (2006). Upravlenye konkurentosposobnostyu predpryyaty j: teoretycheskye aspektы : monografyya [Management of enterprise competitiveness: theoretical aspects: monograph].]. M. : GARKyY. 160 s. [in Ukraine].
5. Cho D. and Moon H. (2008). Characterizing international competitiveness in international business research: A MASI approach to national competitiveness. Research in International Business and Finance. Vol. 22 (2008). pp. 175-192. [in English].
6. Fagerberg J. (2012). Innovation, Growth and Competitiveness. Based on: Fagerberg J., Srholec M. and Knell M. (2007). The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind? in World Development. Vol. 35 (10), pp. 1595-1620. [in English].
7. Kotlubay V. A. (2013). Ekonomiko-pravovyie puti povyisheniya urovnya konkurentosposobnosti ukrainskih portov [Economic and legal ways to increase the level of competitiveness of Ukrainian ports]. Ekonomika transportnogo kompleksa. №21. Retrieved from: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ekonomiko-pravovye-puti-povysheniya-urovnya-konkurentosposobnosti-ukrainskih-portov (accessed 05.08.2021). [in Russian].
8. Ilnitskiy, D. A., Zinchenko, S.G. (2018). Portovaya ekspansiya Kitaya – uroki dlya Ukrainy [Port expansion of China - lessons for Ukraine]. Published by the A. Yu. Krymskyi Institute of Oriental Studies, NAS of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Association of Sinologists on behalf of The Chinese Studies. No. 1. 36–57. [in Russian].
9. Glushko, G. M., Il`chenko, S. V. Determining the level of competitiveness of ports in crisis conditions. [Vyznachennya rivnya konkurentospromozhnosti portiv u kryzovyx umovax]. Problemy rozvytku transportu i logistyky : VII mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf., 26–28 kvitnya 2017 r. Odesa. S. 241—244. [in Ukraine].
10. Guy, E., and Urli, B. (2006). Port Selection and Multicriteria Analysis: An Application to the Montreal-New York Alternative. Maritime economics and logistics, vol. 8, No 2, pp 169-186. [in English].
11. Balkyte A. and Tvaronaviciene M. (2010). Perception of competitiveness in the context of sustainable development: facets of sustainable competitiveness. Journal of Business Economics and Management. Vol. 11:2. pp. 341-365. [in English].
12. Listra, E. (2015). The Concept of Competition and the Objectives of Competitors. Retriever from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 286541282_The_$ Concept_of_Competition_and_the_Objectives_of_Competitors (Accessed 18 July 2021). [in English].
13. Coleman, G., Kalish, I., Konigsburg, D. and Sitao, X. (2014). Competitiveness: Catching the next wave – China, Deloitte TTL, New York, September 2014. [in English].
14. Ollo-López, A., Aramendía-Muneta, M.E. (2012). ICT Impact on Competitiveness, Innovation and Environment. Telematics and Informatic.s 29(2), 204–210. [in English].
15. Dubovyk, N. V. (2012). Otsinka konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv servisnoi diialnosti na morskomu transporti [Competitiveness evaluation of service activities enterprises in maritime transport], Rozvytok metodiv upravlinnia ta hospodariuvannia na transporti, No. 4 (41), s. 166–185 [in Ukrainian]
16. Demyanchenko, A.G. (2012). Modern port management functions and models. Jekonomika promyshlennosti, vol. 3—4 (59—60). pp. 258—267. [in Ukrainian].
17. Кrysyuk L., Moskvichenko I., Majorova I., Cynyuj Shy (2021). Vplyv innovacij na konkurentospromozhnist pidpryyemstv portovoyi galuzi [The impact of innovation on the competitiveness of port enterprises.]. Ekonomichnyj analiz. Tom 31. # 1. S. 152-159. [in Ukrainian].
18. Haralambides, H.E. (2019). Gigantism in container shipping, ports and global logistics: a time-lapse into the future. Marit Econ Logist 21, 1–60. [in English].
19. Nemchuk, O. O. & Ostapchuk, А. А. (2017). Rozrobka statistichnogo metoda otsínki konkurentospromozhností portovogo termínalu [Searches of the statistical method for evaluating the competitiveness of port terminal]. Vísnik Skhídnoukraí ns'kogo natsíonal'nogo uníversitetu ímení Volodimira Dalya, 4, 173-175. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/ UJRN/VSUNU_2017_4_35. [in Ukrainian].
20. My`shko A. M. (2014). Zarubizhnyj dosvid realizaciyi efektyvnyx mexanizmiv rozvytku morskyx portiv [Foreign experience in implementing effective mechanisms for the development of seaports]. Investy`ciyi: prakty`ka ta dosvid. # 17. S. 141-144 [in Ukrainian]
21. Blohins V. (2017). Analysis of Factors Affecting the Competitiveness of Ports. Society. Integration. Education. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference. Volume IV. May 26. 179-189. Retriever from: https://docplayer.ru/70661270-analiz-faktorov-okazyvayushchih-vliyanie-na-konkurentosposobnost-portov.htm (accessed 25 july 2021) [in English].
22. Belous, K., & Mayorova, I. (2021). Development of directions for improving the port’s competitiveness. Economic Innovations. 23(2(79), 35-42. Retrieved from: http://ei-journal.com/index.php/journal/article/view/931 (accessed 25 july 2021). [in English].
23. Arnold, P., Dominique, P. and Thomas, I. (2003). Modelling a rail/road intermodal transportation system. Transportation Research Part E 40: 255-270. [in English].
24. Association of Seaports of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://uspa.gov.ua/
25. International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH). Retrieved from: https://www.iaphworldports.org/statistics
26. The World Bank Group. Retrieved from: https://datacatalog.worldbank.org/dataset/global-international-ports
27. Statistics Explained. Retrieved from: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Maritime_ports_freight_and_passenger_statistics&oldid=218671
28. Bodrovceva, N.Yu. (2017). Systematyzacyya faktorov y pokazatelej ocenky konkurentosposobnosty morskyx portov [Systematization of factors and indicators for assessing the competitiveness of seaports]. TDR. #2 Retrieved from: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sistematizatsiya-faktorov-i-pokazateley-otsenki-konkurentosposobnosti-morskih-portov (accessed 30 july 2021). [in Russian].
29. Kryvonozhko, V. E., Lychev, A. V. (2010). Analyz deyatelnosty slozhnыx socyalno-эkonomycheskyx system [Analysis of the activities of complex socio-economic systems]. M.: Yzdatelskyj otdel fakulteta VMyK MGU ymeny V. Y. Lomonosova; MAKS Press. 208 s. [in Russian].