ACTUALITY OF THE USE OF SOLID DOMESTIC WASTES, AS ENERGY RESOURCES
In connection with the aggravation of the problem of accumulation of solid domestic wastes in Ukraine, the question arises of their utilization. In accordance with Article 32 of the Law of Ukraine "On Waste", from January 1, 2018, a ban on the dumping of untreated and unsorted garbage comes into force, which creates a challenge for local authorities. By analyzing the database of Ukrainian patents for inventions for processing solid waste, it can be noted that there are many technologies for their utilization, processing and obtaining valuable waste with associated generation of energy in the form of synthesis gas or liquid fuel. However, most of them suffer from a number of disadvantages, the main ones - high cost, the complexity of technologies and the presence of residual waste.
The use of solid household wastes as energy resources can solve several issues at once. CHP plants using solid fuels as energy resources can provide heat and electricity to large areas of the country, solving several problems at once: reduce the energy dependence of Ukraine, and especially of individual regions of the country; reduce the cost of producing electricity and heat, which will reduce tariffs for the population; solving the issue of waste management, which will reduce environmental pollution. Therefore, the issue requires detailed consideration and resolution in the coming terms. The term of the ban on the disposal of unprocessed solid waste, stipulated by the Law, will come into force already in 2018, so the time to resolve this issue remains less.
2. State Statistics Committee. (2016). Utvorennja ta utylizacija vidkhodiv za kateghorijamy materialiv u 2016 roci. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2016/ns/ns_u/utvut_u2016.html
3. " Pro zatverdzhennja Metodyky rozdiljnogho zbyrannja pobutovykh vidkhodiv ": Order of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine from 08.01.2011 № 133. Official Bulletin of Ukraine (2011, 28 October). № 81, art. 2990 [in Ukrainian].
4. " Pro zatverdzhennja Metodychnykh rekomendacij z orghanizaciji zbyrannja, perevezennja, pere obroblennja ta utylizaciji tverdykh pobutovykh vidkhodiv ": Order of the Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine from 07.06.2010 №176. consultant.parus.ua. Retrieved from: http://consultant.parus.ua/?doc=06LE775B9B [in Ukrainian].
5. " Pro vnesennja zmin do dejakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrajiny shhodo vdoskonalennja mekhanizmu pravovogho reghuljuvannja ta posylennja vidpovidaljnosti u sferi povodzhennja z vidkhodamy ": Law of Ukraine from 02/10/2012 №5402-VI. Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada (2012). N. 85, p.46 [in Ukrainian].
6. Lysyuk V.M., Butin E.P. (2010). Application of the principles of inter-level interactions in the market management system of housing and communal services. Proceedings from Problems of the market and development of regions of Ukraine in the 21st century: Naukovo-praktichna konferentsiia – Scientific and Practical Conference. (p.32-34). Odessa [in Ukrainian].
7. Lysyuk V.M., Butin E.P., Anzhnakin S.G. (2010). Prospects for solving energy saving in housing and communal services in the context of overcoming the economic crisis. Proceedings from Perspectives of regional development in conditions of overcoming the economic crisis: Vseukrains`ki naukovi economichni chitannia - All-Ukrainian Scientific Economic Readings. Mykolayiv[in Ukrainian].